Monday, April 11, 2005

Canterbury - Well it seems like Spring is in full effect now, although I still miss the snow. Today was reunion b-ball day of some of my cousin's friends from way back then. It's wierd how things have changed as we have all gotten older. 8-9 years ago, I was the only Jr. High kid playin with a bunch of college, and high school peeps in b-ball. When my cousin and his friends picked peeps for teams, I was always last pick because I was the youngest. These guys have played a huge part in me growing as a baller because of how much we always played. Today, we played back at Warrener Park, and I kept thinking of that verse from Matthew 19:30, going from last to first. Well maybe I am a lil off, but now I am always the first picked among captains. Kind of ironic as we have all gotten older.

Which leads me to my next discussion bout b-ball. This weekend it seems like the CCUC preparation has taken place already. It has kind of given me a headache already because I feel so obligated sometimes running with the A team. There is a huge part of me that wants to play because of unfinished business and the competition. However, this past Saturday I spent sometime sharing my testimony in private to a seeker at b-ball. I kept telling him, that the CCUC thing is not just bout playin but the whole atmosphere of fellowship with everyone throughout the weekend. He even said that he really wants to experience that fellowship too. I really wanna play with my boyz or even help Randy defend the C title this year because I just want to have fun at this year's 20th CCUC Anniversary. I even want to form an all men's A team because I want to play with Howard at CCUC just once before he retires from v-ball or while he is still in his prime. I just hope for better organization this year from my part.

I am thankful today for the blessings that He has provided for me as well, an invitation to fellowship, and one of my student's band concert in May.

Training Montage

No comments: