Thursday, April 28, 2005

Poker Ball - I walked into the gym today at Dumar's to find myself in the middle of a debate. Apparently, LAGNAF believe a couple of their guys are the best hitters in the league while others were arguing and believe that I am the best hitter in the league. I didn't even do anything, so the game today was personal because they wanted to prove between the 3 of us who was the best hitter. Personally, I didn't care because I don't want to be known as the best hitter, but the best player period.

The tough part was our team choked playing against them because everyone on both teams are like best buds. It is a mental thing with our team, and even the ref talked to me bout how the team seems to self-destruct. In the end, they took the series 2-1 and well my team eh they all back talked against each other. Me, eh I entered and left the same way with a smile because I had fun competiting against those guys since they tried to put the mustard on each hit. Sam was getting on me after the game because she knew I was holding back along with Ryan too. Hmm let's see I was jump serving my heart out trying to rally us back and I hit as many backrow attacks as I did in the front row. So I was kind of drained, but yes they are correct I was holding back. I wanted to see those guys go all out so the next time I can match and raise the ante by raising it to S.S. I just gotta hide my poker face better against my own teammates.

Then reflecting back on last night's convo with one of the CBC Fruits. I really want to play v-ball at CCUC because I want to challenge all those solid teams in the B division. Plus I still remember the guy's name, Pass This as he talked trash while shakin P-Nutz, and Juice's team. It still eats me inside that all I could do was stand and watch. Gosh I wanted to play against all those peeps.

Walk Away

No comments: