Sunday, April 17, 2005

Northwest - It has been much discussed this past weekend with my parents. We shifted gears, and time zones of where we will be going. The tickets have been confirmed now, as we will be taking off to Hong Kong this summer. I had to get a new passport this past Friday because I lost my old one. We will be going to HK and Macau this summer. Just seeing my parents so happy because they will be returning to their homeland. Despite how much I hate flying especially for a long duration, this was one of my personal goals I wanted to fulfill. My dad's dream was to always go back to HK with me. Everyday, I am thankful to Him for the amount of time that my dad and I can spend.

My father, revealed to me more of his personal ambitions this past Saturday. Now, they are my personal goals and challenges that I want to meet. My dad told me how he wish we were there longer for he wants to do something that he has yet to finish since it happened. He wanted to finish constructing his father's tombstone. I have never met my G-Pa for he passed away long before I was born, but I would like to do this for my dad. Another, is to see my Uncle's cementary site, the last time I was there was in '99. He treated me as a son, this is something my dad and I would like to do. A lot more has been on my mind now that it has been settled going back to HK. We're staying at the Sheralton and it's only $1200-$1300 for tickets and hotel combined, I guess that is a good deal.

Speaking of seeing family, my dad and I also decided to go back this coming Monday, to a place where we both consider home as well. We're going back to the Twin Cities, doing another road trip. We want to see the fam, and yes I do miss them, the area, a lot. I wish I could stay longer to go back to the cabin, close to the North Dakota border. That place was where I could relax along the lake, and be at peace while meditating. I will return home.....

Round Table

No comments: