Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Palau - I was stuck yesterday with this project that I could not finish. For name sake, I will use the number system. It is, P1, P2, and P3 and myself in this group project which is worth a huge part of our grade. P1 and P2 turned in all their stuff to me so I can put it all together. On the night of our project was due, I still had recieved anything from P3. I stayed up all night waiting for it, and I decided not to call P3 again because I had been calling and reminding P3 throughout the week.

So P1, P2, and myself got together before the project was due to decide what we were going to do. Should we still keep P3 in the group since she did not do anything or do we kick her out? We talked to the prof about this and said it was our choice. Our prof was very understanding and has already decided to grade her differently from the rest of us. During our decision, I wanted to keep P3 in our due to loyalty because she is a close friend. At the same time, I can understand why P1 and P2 wanted to kick her out. We all decided as a unit that we would kick her out and go due our presentation without P3. However as I was setting up our presentation, P3 walks over to me, and apologizes to me. I felt like I don't need it because hey what's done is done and you should apologize to the whole group. After that, P3 added her portion into our presentation because I did not know what to say to her that we wanted to kick her out.

After class, P1, P2 and I went upstairs to talk about how we were going to grade each other. As a part of this group project, we all have to grade our group members as well as ourselves. P1 had confronted P3 about her laziness in her contribution. P1 told me that P3 blamed it on me and that it was my fault for not waking her up on the night it was due to turn it in. I was upset, and pissed because as I said earlier P3 and I are close. So the 3 of us were discussing how we would give P3, and the highest you can get is a 20. So this is how the scores read on P3 after our discussion:
P1 - 0 pts. for P3
P2 - 1 pt. for P3
Me - 5 pts. for P3

Now I just do not know how to act about P3 because of who we associate with. I am still pissed, but I do feel energized after only sleeping 40 minutes the night before. I slept from 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday and woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m.

Breakaway

No comments: