Monday, April 04, 2005

Ned Flanders - This weekend despite playin in the Pontiac B-ball tournament, I had a lot of time to really focus on b-ball but also alot on God. Every prayer I had this whole weekend, I kept asking for forgiveness for all the times that I have fallen short and for the future because I will continue to fall short. I thanked Him for showing mercy on me and offering the gift of all gifts to everyone. Yeah, the tournament did not go the way we had hoped however I looked at the positives from it. I also learned a lot more about my own teammates, in terms of who comes to play for the big games.

Friday anyways, this weekend was all about meeting new people. God puts different people in our lives for a reason and this whole weekend it was revealed to me. Starting with Friday, this new customer comes in to check out the restaurant. He shares with me that he is from Philly, and he just got a job in Lapeer. Ash, Angela, and I all started talking to him while he was waitin for his Sesame Chicken. It turns out that he is the new Pastor at the Columbiaville Baptist Church! This was one of those outreach moments for me. Angela keeps telling me that she is a Baptist but does not know what they believe in and believes in that if she gets baptised she will be saved. While Ashley just has a lot of questions, and the Pastor and I were just hitting it off. I mean we talked for a while theology, books of the Bible, authors, and we shared a lil of each other's testimony. Angela kept arguing with me bout how she is saved, while the Pastor agreed with me. So now Ash and Angela wanna check out the church, and I would not mind either. I like to go church hopping once in a while. I gotta do some homework on this church to be sure, but I am already excited!

Saturday at the b-ball tournament, Dom, O-State's starting center came and chatted with me bout hoopin in some other b-ball tournaments. So we traded info, and I'm just honored to have earned the respect of some of the other best ballers up there. Because I played poorly in my opinion. If things work out, I'll be going out to N.C. the A-T-L, and the Twin Cities for b-ball tournaments. One of them pays $3000 for 1st place, now that's what I am talkin about.

Sunday, I went home to shower after the tournament then go back to Stan's for the BBQ party. I saw Auntie Rebecca talkin to some peeps, and I thought she was in trouble. So I ran over there to talk to the strangers. It turns out, I have new neighbors across the street now! I chatted with their whole family for a while so we can get acquainted. They used to live in the Heights where I used to ball too! They thanked Auntie Rebecca and I for welcoming them into the area as no one else has. For as long as I've been in this neighborhood, I am thankful to Him that I can serve others and makin my new neighbors feel comfy.

What a weekend of meeting and making new friends! Praise Him for putting new peeps in my life!

I'm A Soldier

No comments: