Tuesday, April 26, 2005

TNT - Best time of the NBA season is now, because now each game means something. As you can tell by all the scores, most of the games were relatively close. Now I am just playin more b-ball than I have lately returning back to the old days such as Warrener Park, Avis Park, and Joe Dumars. This past Saturday marked my last Saturday b-ball for a while since I now have a class on Saturday morning :( yeah it sucks. At the same time I am kind of glad to be pulled away from it. What sucks is missing out on the relationships I have built through outreach and talking to them when we're not competiting. The good part is that I do not have to play with the A team for a while. It's not that much fun playing or as they say practicing right now because personally I am just coasting through. Woohoo we blew out another team by 15 points or woohoo we shut out another team. Like I said before every time I step on that court, I want to try to get better and this just isn't helping.

The A team reminds me more of this past Summer's Dream Team. I mean we just plug the best players from Saturday onto 1 team. So really, you have at least 8 good players while some of the other CBC teams suffer. The problem is that we do not have role players to blend in so there is a lack of chemistry. When will people realize that by having the top players on a team does not necessarily equal a championship. Example, last year's C Championship Finals the CBC Pistons had better talent but Randy's team had better chemistry and knew their roles.

The frustrating part about the A team or just as of late with any b-ball tourny too that a lot of my teammates are like Casper. I mean they show up for some games and then disappear for others whether it is due to imitidation, or mentally unfocused. Yes, bold of me to say but in all the big games so far I feel as if I have produced and played my heart out. In the 20th CCUC tournament it just seems as if my fate is once tied to playin on the A team unless He alters my destiny. Right now I'd rather play C and help Randy defend the title there or form a B team with the Bad Boyz. However, this may be my fate and I guess I may have to accept it.

Win Or Go Home

No comments: