Wednesday, May 24, 2006


Only a month and a half til I return here.

Probably my greatest feat, walkin from one of The Strip to get to the beginning of The Strip and back.

Man how much electricity they waste on these tv screens.

Code 3 - Today I subbed for the Dolphins which makes it 2 days in a row. Some of the teachers have spoken to the principal bout me. I really appreciate their words and I hope it turns out to something good, if not then I just gotta keep pluggin away. I subbed for Toni's 4th grade class and it was sweet. Despite the lice epidemic since yesterday, which had me freakin out bout my hair it has been all good.

I did have some sort of girl drama today in my class. First it was Maleia, Suenduez, and Adriana sayin my girl Maddy "peed her pants." Of course Maddy was cryin and i had to straighten it out which I resolved. Next thing ya know I was messin with Maleia and she starts cryin because I asked her "what's the deal with you and the smellin kick today?" She thought I said she smelled bad and started to cry. She kept thinkin I've been pickin on her all day when really I was just jokin around. Then I explained to her and we high fived and she hugged me lettin me know that we were cool.

Of course, Suenduez starts cryin because she thought I told her to see me when really I wanted the whole class to keep their eyez on me after the assembly. Then my lil Speedy let me know that we were cool. Man I tell ya, girls and their emotions, sheesh. That's why I liked subbin for the other 4 th grade class in terms of girls, they were mentally stronger.

What bothered me today was the type of talk in the lounge during lunch. All the teachers kept talkin bout their party and how much they plan on drinkin. They even designated a driver for their party! They all kept talkin bout how hung over after last year's party. It was one thing that I was stuck with a bunch of prospective teachers when I was at OU and they did this. Now I got established teachers talkin bout drinkin.

One teacher spoke to me bout why she would never live in the sub she teaches in. Her reasons were:

1) Don't want kids to see her at the store if she wanted to buy the "liquid substance."
2) Don't want kids or parents to see her sit outside the porch laxin to a "liquid substance."
3) She didn't want parents and kids comin over.

Well those were her main reasons and I explained to her that I would love to teach in a sub that I live in. I already get the celeb status and I ain't got nothin to hide anyways. I love it if my kids see me in my daily routine, what do I have to hide? If they want to come over or talk to me bout school then I'm excited. This is what I do, and if it ain't rough it aint right as the Pistons would say.

Lexus

No comments: