Thursday, June 15, 2006


The Stars of the TI show

I wouldn't mind gettin my butt kicked by them

Attack!

Fire in the hole!

Wagons - Today, I was back at the Mustangs to sub for Music. I'm thankful for the opportunity God gave me to come back on the last full day of school. I saw a lot of my old 6th graders, who are now 7th graders from last year come back and visit me. Then a lot of my current 6th graders came to chill in my room. A lot of the other students from every grade came down to see me so that I could autograph their yearbook. So much celeb status and I'm glad to be back to see them all.

I had a private conversation with my Shorty though. She seemed so upset, I've never seen her so sad or disturbed before. She let out her frustrations to me bout how she's been sad ever since I left. She's been bummed because the class hasn't been as organized as how I set it up. She missed how I could make the class laugh, and still make the learnin fun because I helped them understand why it is important. She came to see me after school was done, and we hugged. Yeah, I told some of my top students that I saw today just how much I missed them and that I hope to get students like that in my future classroom.

There are a couple of opennings at The Mustangs, and I was quite hestitant to apply here due to internal reasons. However, some things have changed and a lot of people think that I should be here because of my rep, familarity of the buildin and my relationship with the staff, kids, and parents. It would be nice to come full circle here because The Mustangs have the worst rep in the district due to the low income areas. I know I can make a difference here for sure.

With that, I know a lot of my 6th graders wanted me to pass their graduation ceremony so that I could try out for Survivor. But you only graduate once from 6th grade, and I wanna be there for them like I always have. There will always be another chance to try out for Survivor.

Bike

No comments: