Friday, April 19, 2002

If I could teach the whole wide world
To be a thug in harmony
Then I would teach the whole wide world
To be a thugster just like me

Well last night was the Red Wings first playoff game of the year. It was disappointing to see them lose, but I enjoyed watching the game with Kin, Anthony, and Ken. I'm glad that I got to know them better and we were all into the game's intensity. Driving home afterwards made me think of how much I love playing hockey in high school. Playing street hockey, I had some great moments well more like scary moments. I wasn't a physical player but I could fly with the puck on my stick. My friends would call me the Asian version of Sergei Fedorov. I remembered when I took an 80 mph slapshot right off my forearm, and boy did my forearm swell up to the point where it was twice the size of my other arm. Or how bout when I got checked right into a parked car and left a dent there. I left the game with bruised ribs. Or when I played my first night time street hockey game at the SHS parking lot. Coming from behind, I tried to poke the puck away from Justin because he was winding up for a huge slapper. As he cocked his arm back, the blade of his stick went into my eye and I was bleeding from the eye. Gosh those were the days.

And so what did I do today? Well I am not completely healed from my war wounds but I did work out intensely today. Working out at the OU Rec Center is a great place to push myself even harder. However one downfall is that their were a lot of good looking girls, and that was a temptation right there. So what did I do to make sure my eyes don't go wondering about. I always made sure that I worked out in front of a tv. And that worked out greeat because the tv was replaying the Pistons game. So I was focused on the tv and plus stayed away from any lustful looks. Phew was that hard, hopefully it means something to my future gf, otherwise I'm just a bachelor till rapture ya know :) It was great though, working out and pushing myself to get ready for CCUC and whatever other obstacles are in my way. My football coach once told me that it is what you do in the offseason that gets you into the Finals. And now it is my offseason and time to get myself playing on a higher level. It's a choice, either sit on your butt or go out and work for it.

Ready 4 War

No comments: