Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Wooooooooooooooooooo

Wow after reading through some of my amigos' blogs, I've noticed that I am not the only one doing some reflecting upon life. I was so lucky that I made it to class just barely because I again held off yet another paper to due. I stayed up all night, yes another all nighter, to do this THA paper. And I was a half hour late to class, and by the time I showed up, our prof ended class. I had to say phew because after I turned my paper in, he was accepting no more. And I got my exam grade back and again am I pissed or happy. He curved it because so many people did bad, my grade was above average compared to the class without the curve. But a 76% hmmm not acceptible to me but again others did way worst than me.

Anyways, last night I skipped Bible Study because my mommy wanted to host a b-day party for my grandpa at my house. Of course I wanted to go to Bible Study instead but I can tell my mom really wanted me to stay home for this because it meant a lot to her. So I'm chilling at home waiting to eat dinner at 7 like it was scheduled. What do I find out at 8:00 is that my grandparents were expecting everyone to come to their house. My mom's whole family was upset and couldn't decide what to do. And yes this pissed me off because now we don't eat till 9 is one thing. And yes I could of went to Bible Study and gotten back in time if we were to eat at 9. But this is just another proof for me of why I choose to isolate myself from both families. Like how my parents got married is like Romeo and Juliet because one side of the family is wealthy while the other side is poor. So you can see the problems already with in-laws.

The reason why I choose to isolate myself from both sides, is because yeah they looked after me when I was young. And I appreciate all that but who ever took care of me, either of my grandparents that is, they would always force an opinion on me. Like my grandma would be like, oooh you shouldn't like your grandparents for this then vice versa if I stayed at my grandparents place. To me at an early age, I always knew that both sides were wrong for trying to teach me this type of garbage. And now one side of the family is like so nosy (sp?) always trying to be on top of everyone to make sure they are noticed as #1. And the other side is on top, and so spoiled that they have no respect for people's things. Well atleast that's how I see them because that is how all my cousins are raised. Like last night my cousin Sonny is only 2 and he's throwing my football at my DVD player and all my VCD's. Yeah he doesn't know better but uhhh my uncle is like think it's the most adorable thing in the world. Like helloooo? Could you tell him to throw it elsewhere? And my cousin Victor is like 7 or 8 (I think) wanted to borrow one of my cd's. So I said no, and what does he do? He throws my cd across the room! I am like what the GG, I've had it with any family member that comes to my house. It's crap like this that I don't like them over. Last time when I was at Bible Study and my mom had the family over for dinner I come home and my place was trashed. PS1 and PS2 wires hooked into different things, my video games all over the floor, and they even went into my room! I go into my room and see my Gameboy in my closet, opening my drawers in my closet and having my papers, remote control all over the place. I blew up at my mom for letting this happen, and she was saying that they are just kids and that I was their age too. Well my beef with that is, yeah I was that age, but you taught me better on how to respect people's property. My cousin, Victor was pushing my buttons last night daring me to hit him, which came close to it. Even my aunt pissed me off, like some of them were eating lunch with me in family room. So I told them to please put something under the plate like a newspaper so no mess. What does my aunt grab, my mail for today to put her lobster shells, and prime rib fat all over my mail. I'm like helloooooo my mail is in there and of course after she was done eating, she threw my pile of mail away with her plate. I didn't even bother fishing my mail out of the garbage. And then during dinner she tells me to turn down the tv. I'm like excuse me, this is my house and I watch tv as loud as I want to. She's like no the kids are in here it could hurt their ears. I'm like well I didn't tell them to eat with me and if you want it turned down, you can tell everyone to lower their voices when they talk so the tv don't have to be so loud. So like next thing I see, she cares so much about her kids ear drums but obviously not their livers. Because she lets my cousins or her sons, Victor and Sonny drink some of her Heiniken beer. Uhhh Sonny is 2 and Victor is 7 or 8? Yeah sure I'll turn down the tv for that. My thing is just because we are family by blood don't mean a thing to me. And back to my grandparents they ordered everyone at my house to go to their house for dinner. I'm like hell no did I skip Bible Study to go to their small place and lug so much food down to their place. So the family decided to have dinner at my place without them. Pretty sad in my opinion because it is suppose to be my Grandpa's 76th b-day but he don't show up. Again my family, yeah I'll be there for them when they need it but I choose to go my own way.

One cool thing was that I got to spend time with my dad and we went climbing on the roof of the house. Sounds stupid right? But we were knocking all the bee hives from last year so they don't grow even bigger this year. It was quality father/son time that I cherished.

Firestarter

No comments: