Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Move in, move out
Hands up, hands down
Back up, back up
Tell me wha' cha gonna do now
Breathe in, breathe out
Keep rollin', rollin'

Well aftre playing v-ball for God knows how long last night, boy do I feel exhausted today. I wonder was it the weather that kept certain people from coming last night or just coincedence. And for 2 weeks straight now, a Cheung has got some sort of touch on one of my hits. Sheeesh it must be some sort of Cheung Curse that I have been hit with. I mean it was Connie last week, Chrissy last night, and the next thing you know I'll have their cousins block me now. I mean I can't beat them in euchre it seems like, I have enough probs with them in bowling, and now v-ball. I'm telling ya, I must be cursed. But I got much love for them because they are both great athletes.

And the other night, I finally saw The Program and of course it made me reflect upon my football days at Stevenson baby! I remember coaches would always get on my butt during practice because me and my boy Dan Vu formed the Asian DB Crew. Like during our O-Line parties, coaches would be like "Lee, Vu supply the egg rolls and fried rice". As a football player in high school, it was always fun to walk around school in the morning with the other players because everyone in the hallway moved out of the way for us. It's kind of ironic, that our nicknames are the Titans, and people treat us like that in the hallways. Because Titans were known to be greater than gods or something like that. And it was always fun each week at school, a girl would want to wear our opposite jerseys to show which guy they represent or like. I remember the Carter twins would wear mine, or Kristin Kramer would always wear mine. And our homecoming game everyone that it was cute that my sis was wearing my jersey. Here are some of my favorite moments:

First game: Romeo
First Interception: Port Huron North
First fumble forced: Roseville
First fumble recovered: Roseville
First game as punt returner: Utica
First game on punt coverage: Warren Mott
Last game ever as a Titan: Detroit Catholic Central (conference playoffs, road to the Dome)

Gosh those were the days, and playing and talking to the guys who are now in college playing football. Scrimmaging against Brighton, and picking off Drew Henson's pass was a great feeling. Or going head to head with the 6' 7" black guy who played for Detroit Perishing and is now playing TE for Indiana University. Or playing against Craig Krenzell and his shotgun arm at Ford and is now at Ohio State playing QB. And Jim Sorgi now QB at Wisconsin but I got the chance to play against him at Fraser. I have to say is that my favorite place to play at was not at home. But I loved playing at Warren Mott because they had the music blaring to get me pumped up. Plus they had some sort of steam effect as their players would run out of the tunnel. I thought that really got me fired up. So my favorite place to play had to be there even though their colors were kind of ugly. Again those were the days.

Ride of your life

No comments: