Monday, May 27, 2002

Well today is Memorial Day and I've had a lot of great memories on this great holiday. I remember going to Cedar Point every year with my family on this day. I believed this tradition started when I first was able to walk till I turned 16 because at that time I could drive myself and go whenever I want with my friends. It was only a couple of years ago that I went to Toronto with Stan, Erin, Alex, and Big Mak. I saw parts of downtown Toronto that I never saw before and it was amazing. Then there was the v-ball tournament in Ann Arbor where I had no GG idea what I was doing when I was on the court.

Last night I talked to a great friend, Charles down in Dallas. I'm really thankful that God put him in my life back when I first came to CBC. This Saturday is CBC's V-ball Tournament and it's nearly been a 3 year absence from it's last one. And that one was the first time I ever got to taste v-ball competition. Charles had asked me to play on his team, and I'm like thinking why would he want me on his team because I totally suck. Our team didn't fair to well but Charles had a great time still and he was just so opened with everyone playing on his team. 3 people that were on the team still attend CBC, and it's amazing how these 3 are very close to me now. And they are Phil, John, and Lynnette. I kind of wish we could keep these teams for this year's tournament because I bet we would do a lot better this year for sure. I have a team this year, at least I think, but it kind of bothers me that people think my team is the strongest just because me and Phil are on the same team. Like we don't know about some of the other teams and people don't even know who are on my team. I hope all the competition is equal and every game is like a nail biter. I still have the picture of our team back in 99 and boy did JW look scary with no hair. Gosh I miss Charles around here though, if anything I would always admire the passion he has to sharing the Gospel with people. I told Charles that I'm gonna dedicate this tournament to him well God first of course. But it was because of how God used him to use this ministry that I am where I am today. Again Lord, I thank You for putting him in my life and I pray that Charles and Sandy are serving You well down in Dallas. I pray that You continue to look after them because I love them very much. Thank You Lord for blessing me with their friendship. Time to get down and get to work this Saturday.

I Won't Back Down
K 13

No comments: