Thursday, November 11, 2004

Conference Call - Today was my first day of being on the flipside of parent-teacher conferences. Back then, my parents never went to my conferences because I was a good boy :) well it helps working at the restaurant so they never knew some of the things that I did. Anyways, I got a chance to meet a lot of my kids parents, and it was great joy for me too because a lot of my students came. So I got to spend time with them while Ms. Wojie would talk to the parents. However, I do wonder if Kevin's parents are gonna come in. Yesterday I learned that he was suspended for telling another one of my students, Mercedes to "go down there." When Ms. Wojie told me that at first I had no clue what she was talking bout. Then she said that Kevin pointed and told Mercedes that, and he is lucky that this isn't my classroom because boy I would of smacked him around first for saying that.

I looked through J.B.'s portfolio that she prepared for conferences. It is funny because the kids are told that they are suppose to put only bout 5 of their best work in there. She has everything since the beginning of the school year, so it is the fattest one there. But she takes pride in her work and she just wants to do well in Special Ed. I spent time with her at her Bake Sale since she asked me to go to that as well, and I purchased some yummy goodies. I got a chance to talk to Nicole and Sarah, 2 of the 3 now as I call them the Mall Girls, all they were missing was Cidney. Although I always wonder why Sarah always giggles when I walk in, but I had a good chat with Nicole bout scary movies. Then I gotta chance to meet another one of my cuties, Alyssa's mom. Alyssa really catches my attention because she is dealing with domestic probs at home. So sometimes she talks to me bout it, but then she doesn't because of the length. I just really want to help her in and out of the classroom. She is always the first one done with her work and does what she is asked of.

Lastly, I should of asked for permission to go to Bruno's IEP meeting today. He reminds me of me in terms of how he talks back to teachers and sometimes so care-free bout doing his homework. He is also 14 next week and is in the 7th grade, so he is of course older than all the 8th graders too. I feel we really connect, just because he views me as the coolest teacher in the school because of my age, and that I can relate to them. Just last week he got kicked out of Art class, so instead of him going to the office, I had him come to my room so we can chat. I really don't want to leave this school, almost the same feeling I got when I was at Edmonson earlier this year. I really miss my kids at Edmonson and I wonder how they are doing in the 5 grade now. This job is so rewarding and I love all my kids, although some of them are good friends to me too because we have our own handshake and stuff.

Show Me Your Soul

No comments: