Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Ghosts of the Past - Mike, Joey, and I all sat in the corner of the Rec Center complaining about all the bad teams in this year's league. The tough part was learning that Joey has decided to pull his team out of the league this year, mainly due to scheduling conflicts. No 4-Play this year, and we sat there reminising our battles the past 4 years, each winning the title 4 times. This is Joey's last semester which probably means the end of his team. This only reminds me again how much I love being at OU and my time is coming to an end too. Yet to not have one last Finals matchup against each other is just not the same. It is wierd to know now that this year, odds are we are going to our 9th straight Finals and facing a new opponent.

What is one last battle with each other though? Joey and I along with Mike and Jeff a new v-ball stud at the Rec decided to go at it in 2's. Our game of 2's for fun, drew more attendance than all the other IM v-ball games going on today. Of course the game ended 15-13, but we all didn't care who won/lost because we knew that it was gonna be the best v-ball game of this semester. We had other people coming up to us afterwards, wanting us to show them the fundamentals. We believe we set the bar at OU and it just upsets us to see this semester's teams look so bad.

At least the Men's League ended today, making our team the champs. With Joey's team done, since I've already collected 1 shirt, if our team wins the Co-ed I've already decided to give my championship shirt to Joey. Kind of a graduation gift, but we also respect each other and I want him to go out of IM as a champ because he does not take a single play off.

Which leads me to the last thing, where I struggle at. So far, every team sees our's and Mike's team as arrogant and cocky. Reason is, if our team has a big lead I usually tell our team to help sideout for them but in a subtle way. Every team views us as insulting the other's team's intelligence. While Mike and Joel making it obvious by either purposely serving to the wall or passing 1 handed. My way at least, I learned from CBC and Howard, ya know just serve it out. So it is tough that Mike and our team has this perception of being arrogant, but is that fair? I mean we play the game the way it is meant to be played. We'll see if our play makes others play at our level, but Finals prediction Mike's BSF (which stands for Bump, Set, Fuck, their motto) vs. 4-Getta Bout it.

Ahahahahahah

No comments: