Thursday, November 18, 2004

Lions, Panthers, and Mustangs "Oh My" - I'm thankful that I finally got my interview over with at Magahay Elementary School. Although it did not go according to what I was expecting, in the end it is God's Will for me to be there for the whole year of 2005. Starting January I will be officially a Magahay Mustangs. Which only means, at the end of this year I will no longer be an Iroquois Panthers :( I am still upset that I am no longer an Edmonson Lions either :( I still miss my Edmonson kids, there has been not a night where I don't go through my pictures of them and think about them as I go to bed. I can only hope Jackie, Carlee, Chris, Brendon, Kayla, Monica, Rob, etc are having a good year.

Which led me to today just taking pics of my Iroquois kids. Because of their age I can't even call them kids, more like young adults to me already. Although I was sadden that I found out that Kylie, Jessica B, Nicole, and Cidney all got into a fight yesterday. Plus Sarah got involved too and she ain't even in my class, aiyah my girls! 2 of them got sent down to the counseling office too. I'm glad that I got a chance to at least talk to Jessica B. and Nicole in private to see what went down because I don't want none of that going on in my room especially those that I love. I got a good shot of Alyssa too today, I believe that she can succeed back in the mainstream! I plan on doing a surprise visit next week on my break between classes because I don't think I could go a whole week plus without seeing them. Carl believes that it is impossible for me to still be there and at Magahay starting in January, well I guess I'll have to prove him wrong.

Which leads me to my first impressions of Magahay. Well it helps that my teacher loves sports, it is just too bad he is like 60 something. I can't wait till I get to decorate my own desk with OU and Michigan stuff because Lambert's desk is full of Sparty love. It will be a challenge for me at this joint with 31 kids. The school is much like Messmore meaning open classrooms. Some of the kids do not like the current student teacher, I am assuming because he is 40 something. They got more excited for me it seemed like because they know my age, I seem more hip-hop, and well love Eminem. I even met a girl today in my class, Jacklyn who reminds me of Jackie from Edmonson. Miss my kids still, my dream would be if they could all be at CBC so that I can at least see them once a week.

My Class

No comments: