Monday, November 22, 2004

Royal Rumble - So the talk of the weekend was the Pistons vs. Pacers brawl. Since Friday night, and even until I heard the suspensions today, the actions of each player has been on my mind. First off, I want to say is that Ben Wallace is wrong for shoving Artest like that, while many want to blame Artest. It was not that hard of a foul, and I believe if the positions were switched, I bet Ben would of tried swatting that shot too, with only 45 seconds left. Ben realizes is hence he wants to apologize to Artest.

2nd thing is, I honestly believe I would of done the same thing if I was Artest. Had I got hit with a beer bottle, I would of flew into the stands too. Yeah as professional athletes they are suppose to have a higher standard, but at that does not give anyone the right to push that point. Example would be, if I had my class and someone hurled something into my classroom hitting one of my students, I would fly in there too. I believe Jackson should of been suspended with the most games for his actions.

However, with all that said maybe my agreement with Artest's actions are wrong. Yesterday at CBC b-ball, I lost my patience and threw a couple of chairs across the room. It is one thing to know that I am open on offense, it is another then when your teammates tell you, but what pushed it is when the opposition says the same thing. Once Stockton was traded, things went smoothly, I loved my team because it was a team where we complimented each other so well with or without the ball. Majority of the offense went through me, and the credit goes to great teammates in Big Nasty, Cougie Boozer, Jerry aka G.Hill, and Ol' Mike. But what I said earlier, whether it be Artest or myself, came during sharing. Big Nasty was sharing, and as we were reading Gal. 5:22-23, main words self-control really stuck out at me. Like peeps saying bout Artest right now, I gave those who believe a bad name yesterday for my actions with the chairs. Just that competitive spirit and fire in me, but it must be fruitful too.

Man almost 2 a.m. and I have about 8 hours left to start and finish my paper on my girl Jessica B.

Let's Get It Started ;)

No comments: