Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Fill My Cup - Yesterday, my G-ma had her surgery done in the morning, and praise god that it was a successful one. She has a pacemaker in her heart now, and seemed to be feeling better afterwards. I went back to Beaumont after my class to see my mommy in there too. However, things went south all of a sudden. My G-Ma had no strength in her to move any part of her body, could not even use her lips to speak, and could not even open her eyes. She was complaining about chest pains which I thought was normal. However, the doc told me that he is worried about those chest pains because it should not be there. The docs and nurses are worried that she could have a heart attack and are trying to figure out the cause of it.

I'm really thankful right now, that my G-Ma is at Troy Beaumont because for the past couple of days now it has been the center for me. All I do is go there to and from school or at home, 15 minutes each way. I asked for some time off from the v-ball games so I can spend more time at the hospital. I went back last night for my 3rd trip after our OU V-ball 2nd round game. It was a sight I haven't seen in awhile, my grandparents children all in the same room together. My mom, and aunt as sisters trying to tend to my G-Ma, while my 2 uncles as brothers keep trying to talk to the nurses. Then there was me, the 1st grandchild just trying to help out as well.

My uncle was telling me how he was scared when he took her to the ER that Sunday morning. He told me at one point that my G-Ma's heart beat went to 0 so it did flat line and 5 docs came in trying to get it back up. My G-Ma kept throwing up last night, but she kept telling me how much she appreciates me always displaying my love to my parents. I keep waiting and praying for the doc to switch my G-Ma out of Critical Care, so the family can be a little relieved.

Tonight, is the OU V-ball Finals too and as predicted it is Mike's team vs. us. It has been estimated that this Finals will draw the biggest crowd, with at least 3 sororities coming, the OU Women's team, some of the eliminated teams, and parents all coming in to watch. This makes it 9 straight Finals appearance now, and we are going for the repeat championship once again. My ankle, is almost healthy, but I am drained of energy with the constant thought of my G-Ma being in the hospital. I never realized how much it takes out of you when you have a loved one in the hospital. I am hoping tonight when I go back that they decide to switch my G-Ma to the Telemetry unit instead.

Mountains Move

No comments: