Thursday, January 26, 2006

Contract - I was hoping I was wrong last week by the levels that I sensed from our 2 newest additions to the Sticx. One played well last week, but I saw his flaws were revealed and the other had all the hype surrounding her to say our team is now a legitimate contender. However, the rest of my teammates saw that I stand correct in what I sensed last week. My boy, B was struggling like crazy in terms of passing and hitting against a lower team. While the other, as I like to think or hope would be a Ying prodigy was well short of that. Midway through Game 1, I decided it was time to stop coasting and turn it up a notch. I literally told everyone to stay away from me in the backrow so that I can take all the passes. Front row, well I developed a new nickname, Pacman because I told everyone to feed me the ball. After sweepin the series, it was great that the crowd and my teammates acknowledged how I just carried the whole team on my back. The suck part was knowin that I was right and that I may have to do more than ever to take us to the Finals again.

I was tryin to play the racism card tonight too! I was the first person denied to play for another team! Some people have been playin on 2 teams because the opposition would let them. However, J-Ro wanted me to play with them tonight and their team said no to me. The opposition said that I would hurt their chances in getting to the playoffs. I was upset, but I can understand being fair and all. Everyone was tryin to cheer me up because I was the first to be denied to play on another team means that I am a feared player in the L. I guess but I just wanted to keep playin!!!!!!

I ran into an old teammate Chris tonight too. We played in the Dub V-ball L together last year. This place is like the Walled Lake L of the Eastside. I'm just fortunate to be able to reach and compete at both places. He told me how the comp is stronger this year, makin the Polish National Powers seem like nothing this year. This only reminds me that I need to get stronger so that I can continue to compete at that level and beyond.

Lastly, well I was blessed with another job tonight. What can I say, it's another thing I love to do. I am now employed at Joe D's so that makes 4 jobs that I am doin startin tonight. It's so cool to be doin something that I again love, sports. I love all 4 of my jobs for the most part. It beats those cubicle jobs because each day is never the same. I could never see myself sittin there for 8 hours and go through meetings. I don't know why some people complain about their job, it's like if ya don't like it, quit and do something else.

Cochroaches

No comments: