Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Flick - All I can say is Thank You from above for helpin me make my decision for the night. I decided not to go to v-ball. I decided to spend the evening at The Rink for the monthly Mustang Skating Party. At first I was kind of nervous because it's been more than a month now since I saw almost all of my students. I only email about a handful of them on a daily basis. It was like do they remember me, do they care if I was there anymore type of ordeal.

I walked in, and there were more of my students than I expected. I was bum rushed by all my students from the 2nd grade to my 6th graders. I got hugs from each one of them and it just meant the world to me. I'll leave a shout out at the end of this entry for each one of them. Each one of them were telling me about how things are going in their lives. None of my students, really like my replacement so I had to explain to them that they have to give him a try because he was in the same position I was a year ago.

I feel bad for my students too, because majority of them feel that ever since I have left that their is no control in the room. There are now 2 adults in there, but yet they feel it is constant chaos. One likes to yell and the other is as a student described him "a pushover" and they take advantage of that. Another student was askin me a tough question of who gets a break or deal worked out for them. Don't underestimate their knowledge.

Shouties - Missy, Nix, C-Bake, Ellen, Tay, Natalie, Brandon, Da Brat, Hailey's Comet, Shorty, Mini E, Nick the Quick, Chris, Lil K, Madison, Darrian, and Lil Van. Man, I miss them so much but it was good to see them again. They always remind me of this is what I do. My heart goes out to them as always and my next game is for them.

What You Waiting For

No comments: