Thursday, May 08, 2003

After watching the Lakers game tonight, I have now come to a conclusion. The Lakers will not win their 4th championship in a row this year. How have I come to that logical deduction? Well, I look at my v-ball team at OU, Titans, and we were going for a 3rd championship in a row. We failed to reach that because I believe our motivation and hunger was not there to win another one. I look at the Red Wings, they failed to repeat because of the lack of hunger they had in the first round. The same could be said about the Patriots too. So my deduction is that all dynasties will end this year. Well actually the Patriots aren't really a dynasty, but oh well. Let's see the Patriots, Titans, Red Wings, and soon to be Lakers. Isn't that a great way to break it down?

However, you can bet that their will be players such as myself who will be motivated to work even harder after a loss. Everyday I walk into the Rec Center, and the first thing I see, is Joey's team picture hanging on the wall for their championship. Today, I've finally got a better routine of how to strengthen up as well. I've pretty much dropped my physical trainer just because I wasn't feeling her side of how to work out. Like last Saturday, I was surprised but also excited to see a record breaking crowd at b-ball. It's exciting to me because I like playing even harder to show them who's so you can say da man. I mean it was so frustrating with my knee as I struggled the first few games shooting like a great 5/25 from the field. However, after sharing I just felt like God gave me that extra lift, and bam in time no time, as Mike said "You gave some Kobe like performances out there." What pushed me to try and dominate each game was seeing Team Viceroy back in action, and Ryan's Cleveland Cavs.

I kinda look forward to CBC clean-up this weekend. It just gives me time to just shoot around after we finish. In other news, guess what I am buying? I am going out to buy a daily planner! For the past week, I've been noticing how unorganized my life has been and how forgetful I've been getting. I get the feeling though that this thing is gonna be like a new toy to me. I'll be sooooooo excited to this thing out for the first few days, then it will begin to collect dust for the rest of the year. This is why I chose not to buy a Palm Pilot plus odds are I would of broken that thing. But I am very excited to this daily planner, and buying some folders to organize my CBC stuff and school work a little better. Gosh I sound like a dork right now!

Oh wow, it's looks like I need to keep up on my daily Coug-isms too. Another amazing night though of 5:14 fellowship, and it's all due to God. I learned soooo much more about all my brothers and sisters too. Also my little Survivor game realized another thing about myself is that I kept getting a bunch of answers wrong. So I felt like God was speaking to me, to get to know them more, I guess I need to take more initiative in talking to people. It didn't surprise me that Kel Bel won, because she does a great job and has that fruit for getting to know people. Hmmm I guess I need to pray about this fruit for myself.

Tha Crossroads

No comments: