Saturday, May 10, 2003

Is it a deja vu, or maybe just being brought back down to reality? Today I was noticing that my knee was getting a little weaker. I don't know if it was because of all the standing I did today or have I just been trying to work out too hard? As I'm watching Kobe dominate the Spurs, halftime came up. The latest news, was showing Chris Webber going down with an injury. I just got done going to the Kings website to read the extent of his injury. What do ya know, his MRI is exactly the same as mine! Well except mine is on the right knee, and I don't know if his tear is larger than mine either. However, he has a tear in his lateral meniscus and I have one too, gosh this sucks. I can feel for him right now since it is the playoffs. It says that he will need arthroscopic surgery and will be out 4-6 weeks! So I'm wondering, if his injury is as bad as mine, why can't he just play this thing out and postpone surgery?

That leads me to think too, if this is my fate. Am I gonna need surgery after the 2 v-ball tournaments, then will I have to be out 4-6 weeks? I just got done looking at the calender, and I mapped it all out. Say I get surgery right after the 2nd tournament, then I would say at least 4 weeks to heal. Gosh, I would just make it back in time for the OU sand v-ball league. Then it will be like a total of 2 months or so to be prepared for the CCUC tournament. I mean one kid in my BIO class shared with the class how he had to get surgery on his knee 3 times because of some tear. Dude I don't want to have to go through that! Am I dealing with the inevitable here? Or can I actually get back healthy without surgery and I mean ever? It just seems like the odds are stacked against me, all I can do is continue to try to lift this up to God.

In the mean time, I noticed I have exactly 2 weeks to do my next favorite thing about tournament time. I love to study game film, during my high school football years that's all I did during lunch. I would sit in the weight room, with some of the boyz, and my positions coach, Coach Marnon, and all we do is study our opponent's tendencies. So that's what I'll be doing with the next 2 weeks, study game tape of myself to see what I was doing wrong in the last tournament, and study the AA tournament to see what majority of the team's offense and defense are. Do I sound like a dork? You might think so, but you won't be thinking that after Team Bring It, lays the smackdown in 15 days now.

Love Changes Everything

No comments: