Saturday, May 17, 2003

Well the past couple of days things have slowly picked itself back up again. I saw Matrix Reloaded on Wednesday with the 5:14. I must say it was a great movie, so great that I bought the soundtrack the next day. Why did I like this movie? Because it gets you thinking, like a deeper level of thinking well at least that is what it did for me. The freeway scene was my favorite part of the whole movie. My sister went to go see it last night, and I told she shouldn't go. Why did I tell her that? Because she haven't even seen the first one yet, so she ain't gonna get what's going on in the movie. So she came back home last night to tell me of course that I was right and that she didn't have a clue what was going on in the movie.

That leads me to talk about my little sister, yes my biological one this time and not Mei or Achi. This morning she left again to spend her summer in Myrtle Beach. My sister is probably one of the most spoiled kids in America. I keep wondering how she saved up enough money to go down there again for that length of time. I solved that puzzle today as I was staring aimlessly at all the lonely egg rolls. It is just really frustrating for me sometimes because my sister always gets her way in going about things. Sometimes I feel like she takes advantage of me too, but then I always think about her room this year at MSU. When I first walked into her room, it just brought me to tears to know that she saved a lot of out baby pics together. I wish I had a copy of each one, their was one of the both of us holding hands in Toronto, one was of me holding her when she was still a little baby, another one of us sitting in front of our old place together, their was one of us sitting with our mommy in Minneapolis, and one of me hugging her and she was smiling about it.

Those were the days I would say. My sis and I had a lot of great memories, one of my all time fav's was when our parents left us in Minneapolis with some of our uncles and aunties out there while they went to Vegas. My sis and I went travelling all around Minneapolis and we even saw Harry Truman when that first came out. The reason why it was memorable because it was still a little foreign to me driving around there. I mean after all I was only 17, but I loved how my sis and I would help each other out to get through any struggles we had.

Some of my sister's worst moments of me would be (not in any order):
1) I knocked her front teeth out with The People's Elbow
2) I body slammed her through our Christmas Tree
3) I broke her arm dropping a bed frame on her arm when I was like in 1st grade.
4) I threw a burning a cigarette at her eye.
5) I slashed her in the head when we were playing hockey, yeah that knocked her out.
6) Their's more but those are some of the highlights.

Anyways, yeah I do love my sister and she knows in the past that whenever she was in trouble that I would be there for her. However, I look at her today and I'm partially upset with myself in the woman she has become today. I guess you would say this is a judgement call, but I hate seeing all of her pictures with her friends. It's like each picture of her, she always has some sort of new alcholic drink in her hands, I'm not very fond of the people she hangs out with, when I see some of the guys all over my sis, or some of my sis's girlfriends flashing their top, it just annoys me. And now she has left again for the summer doing God knows what, but I can only pray for her each night that God will look after her.

The thing I miss most about her right now and I still do this to this day. I don't know where this habit started from, but ever since we were little I would always go into her room right before I was about to go to bed. Since I was always the last one to sleep, I would go into her room to make sure she was tucked in or that she wasn't cold/hot. Last night was my last one for the summer that I got to do, yes I miss checking up on her before I go to bed.

In The End

No comments: