Friday, May 09, 2003

There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say
What a guy is to do
Gonna need some answers

Ya know since this spring semester started, I've had a lot of questions about this upcoming summer. I'd like to say I lifted them all up to God but I can't be sure if I did that to all of them. One question, was can I actually handle taking 2 classes at OU? So far so good I believe, I've done aight on the past 2 quizzes now in Bio, and I continue to just sit in what I call the reject corner of IST to control my actions. What's funny is since it is a technology classroom, Prof. Corbet put one of the security cameras on me. Another good thing is that, this class is filled with all older ladies pretty much so I don't really have no one talk to. Another thing is that in Bio, I just fall right asleep for part of the lecture that I don't have the energy to talk to anyone.

Another question I had to lift up to God was, if I actually do improve in everything that I am working out on? Now that I have this chart to record every single machine I do and the weight I put on it, I can see if I go up. My goal is to max out on at least half the machines I am doing by the end of the summer.

Then today God answered another question, what will I be doing in the summer, ACA or OU? Well praise God, as I will be the only counselor this year to be working every single shift. I look forward to the challenge, my only hope was though that I wish Elaine would come back too. It was definitly a lot of fun getting to know her, also the challenge of driving to AA from my house to ACA. I don't think I could of improved myself as a better counselor without her there. I'm gonna miss her around the building his year. However, I do look forward to joining the D-Town workers, with Chrissy, Cougar, Larry, and JW.

Yet, I still have many more questions that I would like to be answered. However, I know I need to be patient and it is all in God's time. I know for one thing though, that the dream or rather I'd call it a nightmare that I had last night, will not come true. I'm also hoping that I really am making great strides in my road to recovery from my knee injury. Because now OU is offering a sand v-ball league, how cool is that! But right now, I'd rather take on these two girls in my IST class just to see if they can back up their talk. To them, I'm just a regular player not knowing much, but one thing they don't know is that I don't reveal all my cards on the table ;)

I guess it's time to turn out for another wonder day of serving people yummy ABC. Before that though, I just wanna shout this out to all y'all:
Everybody throw your hands up if you are down with the 5-1-4
Everybody come follow me if you wanna be down with the 5-1-4
All we can do is praise God 4 ever more
Can't nobody hold us down
We believe

A New Day Has Come

No comments: