Sunday, May 25, 2003

Only less than 6 hours away till what I think is one of the best tournaments around here is gonna go down. Here I am counting the days away for like the past 2 months and now I am useless. Is it just a coincidence that now Dirk goes down with a knee injury and the same goes for Shaun Bradley. When I first got this injury, it was like ok Ben Wallace is going through something similar, then Chris Webber, then Shaun Bradley and Dirk in the same game. Gosh this sucks!

So the questions remains am I to play or not? I believe I can play because I have healed well enough to be on the court. I know I am not 100% healthy though. So will I play? For now I have opted not to, because first off those who have told me time and time again not to play has finally sunk in. Second, one of my closest amigo's challenged me in a way that I never thought about. Third, it was just something Don Nelson said about Dirk, and how he would not jeparodize his career for this series.

I just apologize to all those who warned me of playing, because sometimes I honestly think that I have nothing to live for and everything to fight for, or how this is really the only thing I am good at, just playing and competiting in sports. It's like ever since, I was raised, the typical chinese family, would brag about their kids and how smart their kids are. I admire my parents humility, when they had to listen to " oh how good Alan is with his cantonese compared to me or my sis" or " oh Derrick is the smartest and is gonna go to the top schools" or " oh Damon is such a good helper." My sis challenged Derrick in terms of grades, while I went the other route, sports. I just wanted to be the best athlete period in the family. Speaking of my sis, I miss her now. Anyways, the only way I'll be on the court tomorrow is if someone else on Team Bring It gets injured, or the other teams piss me off and we need that intensity on the court. At best, I'll give it a go Sunday morning to see how well I feel about moving on the court.

Stuck

No comments: