Thursday, May 22, 2003

For the last 48 hours, I've been doing a lot of research about theology. It didn't dawn on me till the other night just how important it is to be spiritually equipped. I always thought of being spiritually equipped was meant to be able to share God's Word to those who have yet to hear it. However, I understand now that it is just as important to know your own theology and others as well that you may come across in life.

I was thinking about Uncle Cougie's words of wisdom of the day. How often have I said things just to be heard? The verse James 1:19 covers that, it's like how often do we speak out of rage and anger? I believe it was this past Sunday's sermon, that GP B said that God hates a prideful heart. Now we all carry it in some sort of form or another. I believe one of the toughest things in life is to be rebuked. Nobody likes to be corrected, we all think we are right. 2 Timothy 4:2 talks about how we should use the Bible to correct, rebuke, and encourage one another. If God's Word is The Truth then that saying "The Truth hurts" or "You can't handle the truth" means that we are denying God's Word into our lives. So much pride do we carry in our little hearts, then again their is always Eph. 4:15 which plays a big part of restoring each other. Everyone likes to be refreshed, rejuvinated, refocused, but no one likes to be rebuked, nor restored.

Ever since a couple of years ago, I joined BSF, I believed the most important thing I got out of it was integrity. How do I live my life, am I a Sunday Christian or do I truly pursue godliness each day? Thumbs said something that challenged me, how am I being like a light in the world today? I remember on Shubs's (hehe new name I can call her now), webpage, her prayer was that everyday she would ask God to make her an extraordinary Christian. As I currently teach Jr. Church, verses that come to my mind are from James 3:1 and 1 Peter 5:2-3, which pretty much states do I preach what I teach? Or do I put on a mask in front of my kids at CBC? Integrity is so important, but yet we tend to overlook it because of our own pride. All I can do is ask God, what He wants me to do and that I remain strong and be patient, James 5:8.

In other news, today, I know I always harp about who I believe are some of the worst professor's at OU. Well I gotta say, that one of the best prof's I have right now has to be Prof. Corbets. I love the way she teaches, and the fact that all I do during class is play euchre and talk online. However, she believes in second chances, which we as believers should uphold. Also, I noticed that this heat pad, did indeed burn some of my skin off because part of my leg burns now. Also another thing about Shubs, is that she is probably if not the funniest, one of the funniest girls I know at CBC.

Don't Let Me Get Me

No comments: