Tuesday, May 06, 2003

What a wonderful 5:14 Retreat, it was very encouraging and a memorable one for myself. It was nice to drive up there and just get away from things down here just for a little bit. I wish I could of gotten home like everyone else did though closer to 4:00 p.m. instead of the time I checked in which was 11:00 p.m. So where did I go after retreat? I went to Birch Run and Flint to shop, next thing ya know I'm all the way down in MSU taking my sister's computer home then heading out to parent's place then finally home.

On my way up to Gladwin, I made a stop at SVSU to see what has changed. I would consider this my Alpha Flight year (X-Men vocab) and I saw a lot of things that brought back sooooo many memories. I used to love driving up there with my sis to see the Lions practice each year. Parts of me still kind of wished that I was there and attending classes there just because I had a lot of fun there too. However coming back home, I learned something new about ahem my Omega Red. At first, I was gonna get into this big entry about seeking retribution. But time has passed, and I will be patient and wait till the time is right. Sometimes somethings just don't change.

On the brighter side, I never realized how much time flew by after the retreat. I only have less than 20 days, to get myself mentally, physically, and spiritually prepared for what could be the biggest v-ball tournament of my life. I learned on Saturday that our division will be tougher than I originally thought. With teams flying in from certain parts of the country, this will be a blast to go up against some of the strongest players from everywhere. The sucky part is I need to continue to monitor my own minutes when it comes to playing right now. Which is the toughest part right now. I'm thankful though for the 5:14 though because just seeing where it is today and how God continues to mold this group is just so amazing, it just continues to amaze me at what God can do in my times of reflection.

Baby Baby

No comments: