Monday, May 26, 2003

Happy Memorial Day to everyone, so what was the most frustrating thing about yesterday's tournament? Knowing that it was my fault that we did not advance to the Gold Division to play against Ying's team for the championship. Like Howard said, we can beat any team that was in that bracket, and I don't want to take anything away from Ying's team either. They played a hard fought finals and congrats to them. People can say yeah we didn't make it out of our pool due to bad calls, but we shouldn't have to rely on those calls. Although it was very intense to see our pool have a 3 way tie for 1st and it came down to point differential.

So why is it my fault? It is the fact that I did what everyone told me to do. During warm-ups of the first game, I gave it a go to see how I felt, which I did feel good but I listened to everyone's words of care and opted to sit out. Sitting out was the worst thing I did at this tournament, because we lost that first game. Then Howard spoked to me after that first game because he needed me only if I felt I was good to go. So I jumped into the 2nd game against Maryland because I saw how smart this team was. They did their homework in that first game, knowing who and where to attack. However, they overlooked me baby and I gave the team that intense, and emotional energy to pick their heads up. But going S.S. only did one thing for me, as JW noticed, that I could only maintain it for so long in my current condition. We did pick up the split against Maryland, but if I played that first game, we would of won and been 5-1 in our pool, instead of 4-2 and in a 3 way tie for first.

So what does sitting out the rest of the tournament do for me? Well I am excited for the CBC tournament now because I guess those flyers were circulating at yesterday's tournament. Now I want to get my chance to play against all these teams. I am especially hoping for that MSU team because I just want to talk back to their crowd. I love feeding off a crowd that is booing me or the team, because it just adds more excitement to the game. I am hoping for Yao to come and play too. Who cares if he is 6' 8", I would love that challenge to just get up there and try to block him or try to blast one right past him. Woohoo only 3 weeks away for that tournament now, and going up against Ying's team at CBC will be rewarding in itself.

Building A Mystery

No comments: