Wednesday, March 15, 2006


A couple of idiots stuck in the median, gotta have skillz to drive in this weather.

This was what we were stuck in for 5 plus hours. Now just think at least 30 miles long was how long this line was.

This is what I stared at for 5 plus hours waitin for 94 to open :(

Can you see the truck driver or the other side of the freeway?

This truck decided to spin out right next to me. Good luck gettin out of the ditch buddy.

Gotta give love to this guy for keepin the path clear at the Rest Area so that I could run and pee! A few minutes after, was when 94 closed so thank goodness I took care of my business before the closure.

The cleanest Rest Area where I did my potty, so I had to put up some love for that.
Woodville - Well a picture tells everything so the trip to the Twin C's was the trip that never happened. We got as close as 20 miles east of the Minnesota state line. Then the snow was so bad that they shut down 94 and from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. we sat in the car hopin they would open the freeway back.

What did I do during those 5 1/2 hours?
I slept
Walked around outside of the blizzard
Watched Jaws 2 in the back of the car
Talked to truck drivers
Listen to tunes
Slept some more

I listened to the radio for updates on road conditions. All you can hear is how people were bashing the Twin C's for poor road management because of the weather. A lot of the freeways in the area were shut down due to the high volume of accidents. Yeah, I was kind of bummed that we didn't make it. However, I stayed positive because before we got to where they shut down the freeway, we pulled off to get some gas. God provided gas at the right exit because a lot of cars that were stuck in the long wait ran out of gas. Also, yet still bummed not bein able to make it, I saw it as God protectin my fam from the driving conditions because 94 was closed.

It wasn't a total loss, as we turned around to head home I sped so fast through 94 & 90 that we made it to Chicago for dinner. I even got some Joy Yee's again and I ran into John from CCUC in Chinatown.

Lastly, I also broke my previous record of consective hours driven (outside of my NYC road trip). I drove for 8 straight hours from my parents house to Wisconsin Dells. Also, man it feels good to own an IPass.

Hudson

No comments: