Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Metrodome - So it seems like I get more bad news out of the Twin Cities. Of course with the passing of Twins legend, Kirby. I remember back in the days, that was like the only Twins I cared about. I always wanted his jersey and everything everytime I went to Minnesota.

Lately, I've been getting calls from the fam out in the Twin C's. For a while now, my Uncle has been battling cancer. I think from around '93 - '00 I've been to Minneapolis at least once a year to visit. This is a place where I would choose to stay if I couldn't stay in the D. It seems like though that my Uncle is gettin weaker now. It just sucks because he means so much to my daddy. It's been about 4 years since the last time I went up there. All I can ask for is decent weather this weekend so I can make a return to the Twin C's.

I keep lookin at a couple of old pics right now. One is of me and my sis, standing in front of the Welcome Wisconsin sign. The other is of my fam and my Uncle standing in the heart of St. Paul back in '93. This place means so much to me, I mean I actually considered goin to school here as in the other U of M. I feel so at peace laxin and trainin in the cabin by North Dakota. I wanna see my Uncle Walter and Aunt Anna and repay them for always lookin out for me. I wonder if my cuz, Bridget or Budget as I'd like to call her is in college now. All I can do is pray for good weather for the drive and have hope to seeing everyone.

My Ballz

No comments: