Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Ever since this past Sunday, I feel like I have done at least one retarded thing each day. It's like if I could, I would give myself the stupid look. Driving home from v-ball too, made me think of also, gosh some people are just like losers with their lives, well like mine is any better.

So I have this dilema right now at work. Next week our camp is moving to Canton and I am scheduled to work there. Today though, Joy and Rachel's mom talked to me about being a counselor at there VBS next week. It just happens that Joy and Rachel's dad is also the Pastor at Alliance too. Their mom told me that they would like me to assist in the VBS lessons since I know the material already because we went through it at CBC a month ago. After VBS, she wanted me to lead their after VBS program with some activities. I've talked to my boss already about this, and she wants me to make the decision. She would like me in Canton since I have the most experience, so she would feel more comfortable knowing that I was there. However, she also again is a believer, and understands if God is calling me to serve. I'm blessed for her understanding, but I will have to pray about this one.

I keep thinking about serving at Alliance, is this a sign of something. It is dangerous to be serving at 2 churches as well. My boss passed out surveys today, for the kids, and the last question was who were your top 2 counselors. My boss told me that I was voted the favorite/top counselor again for the 3rd year. However, I'm not really excited about it, if anything kind of sad. This year so far has been a really learning experience with my pre-knowledge of ED classes now.

The KUMC tournament is coming up, and fast. I've picked out my song, "One of a Kind" for this tournament's theme song. I was really looking forward to playing at CBC tonight hoping that the game intensity would be high, gosh I can't even remember when was the last time that happened. I left early to go to Lifetime to go play with Lisa. Hoping that the games would be better, well that didn't happen, I felt like I was playing in the D division here. I kept telling Lisa on the court that God placed me here for a reason and that was testing my patience.

As I was leaving Lifetime, I ran into 2 high school football buddies of mine, Roddy and Brian. Roddy was the starting fullback and Brian was our starting middle linebacker, and both made All-State. However, it turns out that they have quit playing college ball for their respective school and decided to play semi-pro football at Pontiac. Brian and I graduated in the same class, but look at him now, married, has a kid and living on his own. It makes me think of our Titans days, where around this time we would be doing our double practice sessions. At least I know now that I can get into Lifetime in Troy whenever I want too. I keep looking at our football pics, it's funny how 4 years later now, we've all chosen different paths. Pearl said it best in her xanga, about some things are just meant to be.

The KUMC countdown is on, gotta focus on v-ball, and take it back to another level.

Gossip Folk

No comments: