Thursday, July 17, 2003

I went back to the Children's Hospital not once but twice to check on Emily and her mom. I'm thankful to You for seeing how Emily is recovering from surgery now. Just seeing her lay in bed now with all those tubes running through her, just brings back too many bad memories. Watching her mom sit in the chair, hoping her daughter will be ok, man just too many flashbacks. I was happy though, when I walked in and Emily opened her eyes to me. She did her best to wave hi to me, but I told her to just rest. May God continue to heal her and the family, and hopefully she'll be better tomorrow when I see her.

Now I will turn your attention to today's 5-1-4 Bible Study. I totally felt God's Word speaking through Big Nasty. On my way to fellowship, I actually did go to work. I walked in, and I noticed my crowd was a little softer. So I looked up and saw this jabroni playing with me kids, and I'm wondering who in the blue hell is he? I find out that he is part of the Canton Clique, oh yay. I figured out that Tonda has brought in her boy to try to overthrow The Children's Champ. She even allowed the kids to do somethings that I have told them not to because it was dangerous. The kids were all excited for me to meet the new jabroni, Cody. So I met him, stared him down, and if they kids knew already, yeah you could sense the tension. He tried to show off to the kids with his muscles, I laughed and chuckled because I don't need those things to have kids be amazed at me. Plus he may be built for show but I'm built to go.

Then during the lantern building project, I noticed another thing that pissed me off. What got to me now was how Tonda was all over one of the kids, Kevin. She had him between her legs, on top of her, during this project. Then another kid, Stephanie was asking Tonda to help her with her lantern, and Tonda shrugged her off and directed her to me. Now, the thing is you keep playing with Kevin but can't help Stephanie with her lantern project when it is project time. As some of the steps towards making the project got harder, all the kids ran to Cody and Tonda for help. Umm yup, no help at all because during the teacher's instructions they were playing with the kids. So it's bad enough when the kids don't get it but when the counselor's don't understand either then geee what does that show to the kids. So what did the Jabroni Duo do? Yup they sent all the kids who needed help to come to me.

So what does this have to do with the 5-1-4 Bible Study? 2 things that I can think of in terms of favortism, is how myself and possibly other counselors want kids to be their number 1 counselor. The other is how we as counselors favor kids. This year, I can't really say that I have a particular favorite compared to last year in terms of kids. I love them all this year, the ones that stick out the most, are Christy, Ling Ling, Yutong, Andrew, Phillip, Emily, Angela, Sophia, Andi, Amanda, Michael, and Jenny.

Then the other is, I was sick to my stomach that this punk has arrived to the show. At first, I was thinking of ways to get all my kids back on the same page with me. Their was a big part of me of how I wanted to share with them all of just how much I sacrifice for them. Instead after Bible Study tonite, I think I'll pass and if the kids love me for who I am in terms of faith then that's all I can ask for. I hope the things that I taught them in the past, that they remember and in the end know who to count on. Man I just wish Elaine was here, but God put me here for a reason.

Amazing Grace

No comments: