Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Finally, The Great One has come back to Michigan. Last year I went to NYC and it was a lot of fun because I got to do a lot of things on my own. This year, at the last moment I decided to allow my parents to go with me. I weighed out the pro's and con's of travelling with my parents to NYC. What sucked was not everything I had planned to do went through. However, their were highlights of this trip:

Performing 2 Fast 2 Furious along I-80, boy that Penn State drive never seemed so long after pushing the Yukon to it's limits.

Seeing family in NJ, and other family in the Queens area.

Driving past the Jehovah Witnesses HQ.

Walking around Queens's Chinatown.

Paying mad money, each time I drove through a tunnel or bridge.

Well their's more but I don't want to bore anyone with it.

However, I did come back last night right in time to take a couple hour nap then heading off to work. I really wanted to sleep in, but the thought of not being there, made me think of what if the kids forget about me and label someone else as their favorite counselor.

So I went to work, then in the middle of the day I decided to take a chance. That chance was that I leftwork in the middle of the day to drive around Detroit. I came back an hour later thinking, eh the kids most of chosen one of the other counselor's to lead them. When I got back though it was different, I guess the other counselors were trying to be the kid's number 1 counselor. But all the kids rebelled, and were chanting my name as I came back. Some of the counselor's are trying cheap gimmicks and pops to try to be that number 1 counselor.

The fun part, had to be when camp was about over. Ayinde was about to leave and he was trying to get the kids sympathy because he was leaving. Except the thing was everyone was cheering that he was leaving, and the kids were chanting out "We want The Great One to be our counselor." The millions and millions of my peeps were telling me how they love me as their counselor. I asked some of them why is that? They had various answers, but a funny one was from some of them was how I look. They like how I do my hair, and how I come in with my shades on. So today I decided to come in later to work knowing that I am and will forever be The Great One, in addition to a bad boy 4 life.

Dream

No comments: