Wednesday, July 16, 2003

When it comes neck full of glow
And a check full of 000000's
You know
I've got it to have it

Yesterday, I felt like I had a small, tiny glimpse of fatherhood. I went to the hospital to go see Emily. I decided to take Elizabeth with me since the surgery was about 10-12 hours long. It felt wierd at first because we ain't at CBC, so I constantly kept checking on her to make sure she is ok. I took her out to eat at Wendy's since the last time she ate was at 5:00 a.m. I held her hand and as we walked down the streets of the D. We went back to the hospital later on, and it was nice to see Bernard's family and Elder Wayne and Auntie Betty there as well, just trying to help Emily's parents pass the time.

I was really considering asking Elizabeth's parents to see if she wanted to stay over my place. Her mom is planning to stay at the hospital over night for the next 48 hours. Her dad has to go back to work. I remember when my mom was in the hospital and I was cleared to leave, my sis and I were shipped around for people to babysit us. So I know what it is like, and I wouldn't mind spending time with Elizabeth. But then reality settled in for me, am I ready to take care of Elizabeth with having practices and fellowship everynite?

Yesterday at work my boss had a convo with me after all the counselors left, and here is how it went:

T: Errr the counselors were really getting to me today!
K: Why, what happened?
T: I believe I scared Stefanie, and all the other counselors are too playful with the kids even when I am giving instructions.
K: Oooooooo
T: I can't wait till you get a table back next week so I can take out my frustrations on you.
K: Oh yay!

You know what's wierd is that I ran into a old high school pal. Well not really a pal, and I can't ever remember talking to her in high school. I know that she was in band or something like that, that was one reason I didn't talk to her. But she was cool and all because she had to be, because I didn't pick on her in french class. If I didn't like you then yeah you would be picked on. I didn't realize that she wrote about me when I ran into her a few weeks ago at ACA. So if you like to know what another person thinks of me in high school, then check this out. Scroll down to June 25th, Stevenson High School.
Ok gonna head back to work and the Children's Hospital. Gosh I hate hospitals, too many bad memories.

Top Gun

No comments: