Wednesday, July 23, 2003

So I lay my head back down,
And I lift my hands and pray,
To be Only Your's,
I know now You're my,
Only Hope

I walked into the Children's Hospital today after work and I was happy. Happy to see Emily sitting and watching tv. All praises go to God for just making her release from the hospital one a graceful one. I stayed with Emily till Joyce's parents came and picked her and her mom up to go home. I'm thankful that everything is ok so far and all I can do is continue to pray for her recovery.

Today at work, I laid some serious smackdown on majority of the kids. I've had it with the rest of the counselors just keep playing with them and spoiling them. I made Shuang cry because she wouldn't do her homework and next thing you know of course all the counselors started babying her. I've had it with Tonda and Litong, playing with Kevin and David. It made me sick today that Stefanie and Litong didn't say anything to Cindy when she was running around then boom. Cindy runs and crashes into Jenny and she dropped her lunch, so of course I laid the smack on Cindy while Litong and Stefanie kept playing with their favorite kids. It ticked me off when Allen came to my table to take a nap. It irritated me when Stephanie came over to play with Shuang and Jenny. Now I'm thinking God put me in this situation for a reason, to test me. Just like Martin Lawrence said then, woosaah.

The other thing at work that has been fun for me is chess. I just learned how to play this game called Chess, about 2 weeks ago. Now I feel like I am one of the best and I have made a list of all the kids and counselors that I have beaten. When I started I was at the bottom in our Chess ranking, but now I am in the middle of the pack and moving up on first. Yesterday I kept talking trash to one of my kids, Stephany because she kept bragging how good she is. I kept talking trash to her that it scared Christy off to play against me. But I beat the both of them and took out a couple more today.

I love the game of Chess because it requires thinking and a lot of it. I love to think about my every move as it is in life, to know when to sacrifice and when to be on the offensive, or when to look for back up plans. Now that I know how to play, my goal is to be the best Chess player there is in ACA right now. Yup I'm that dang competitive. It was fun today as all the kids were chanting my name when I was playing against Stephanie.

Stupid Cupid

No comments: