Friday, July 11, 2003

I took my kids yesterday to Lansing to see the Capital building and the Museum. Gosh that brought back memories of my senior year. I had to go up here to do extra credit because I flunked Governement class the first time and had to retake it my second semester in order to graduate. It was the first time I flunked a class in high school. I believed I used the "Oh I'm one of the football players/jocks of the school so I should get a free pass." But that wasn't the case with this class and I was even put on academic probation for 1 game. I remember Coach Bye and Coach Marnon talking to me to get my grades straight first.

So that brings me to last night's first ever b-ball practice with the CBC Pistons. First off it's funny how this year, I made a decision of where I want to play at this time of year. Some of the plays that were running now just brings back memories of A team practices when Andy had plays for us to run. Even at this year's Retreat, all I can think about is balling during free time, in the morning or when everyone's in bed. I keep thinking about if I should sleep at a good time this year so that I can wake up and practice, do some running before everyone else gets up. Or should I pull all niters and stay up with everyone else?

Let's Do It Again

No comments: