Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I don't know what has gotten into me lately. For the past 3 days now, I have yelled or snapped at someone. I've noticed my fuse with people have gotten a lot shorter. Today, I felt like my boss was giving me some lip, so I went right back at her in front of the kids. My boss asked me to step outside with her to discuss the matter. All the kids were chanting my name, like I was gonna lay the smackdown or something. Everything's all cool with me and my boss, but after thinking about it, I couldn't believe I blew up at her even when we were outside. I guess it continues to show my weakness, is my problem with authority figures.

I also had to put up with Yaya's lip as well. I'm about an inch away laying the smack on her as well. I'm tired of her thinking she's like so much better than me. However, she finally broke down with a smile towards me as Day Camp came to an end. I guess my charm is starting to wear on her or something.

Here's another thing that is starting to really annoy me, are construction workers. It's like I have to put up with so much construction traffic in the morning that it is causing me to just having thoughts of running them down with my car. I'm thinking that they must be the most hated people on the road or something.

With my short fuse, it just comes at the right time that I go on my own to NYC. I think the time away from here will be nice. Walking around the streets and riding the subs on my own will give me a chance to calm down. My goal is to go to Rucker Park to play some ball, just to see how well I match with the greatest street ballers in the world. Then I plan on going back to Central Park to play some 2's. Man last year watching those players play was unbelievable and I want to test my skills. Too many distractions, and too many people irritating me, has lead me to just leave for a little bit. When do I come back, well I plan on doing the unthinkable like last year. Which was leaving NYC, Sunday afternoon and drive to return straight to work on Monday morning. Or should I come back early, and come back in time for Sunday worship?

Sandstorm

No comments: