Wednesday, July 09, 2003

The most memorable things that I did this past weekend at NYC was driving back and forth constantly from Summit, NJ to Queens, NY. Compared to last year I hit up every city in NYC, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, but I missed out on Staten Island (I was there 10 years ago though). Driving back and forth was possibly not worth it, because of the fact that I had to pay $6 for crossing whatever bridge or tunnel.

See I'm like that though, the first night I stayed in the Mariott in Times Square. I honestly didn't like it too much so I decided to stay close to where I stayed last year. So I switched over to the Holiday Inn over in Summit-Springfield, NJ. It's nice to go back to where I am comfortable with and be able to cruise around at night on my own.

I never knew till this past weekend that I have family in NJ too now! It's cool because they live in the New Brunswick area and it was nice seeing them. I went to spend time with my relatives over in Queens, which was great because I haven't seen them for 10 plus years. When we went, it was because we started off with 3 full packed vans, with my family in one car, my mom's side in another van, and my dad's side in the other. That year those 3 vans took off first to Toronto, then to Niagara Falls, where my dad's side quit. After there was then off to Boston for a couple of days, then down south on I-95, to head to NYC to visit our relatives, from there my mom's side gave up. We stayed in Queens for a few days, then it was off to go home but this time we stayed south and on to I-80. That trip right there last 2 weeks, but it was fun to be the last van standing. If there is anything that I love to do is travelling, and I guess that's why I love to drive so much.

With that I've been doing a lot of thinking, about where God is calling me. I've been thinking about what it would be like for me to live in Minnesota or possibly NJ-NY. I know all the things I have here, but I also feel like maybe's time for me to start over somewhere on my own and it's a thought that I've been pondering about for the last 24 hours.

Anyways today at work, I decided to go late, like way late, like I showed up at 1 today. I must of missed out on something this morning. When I walked in, the kids were of course chanting my name but they chanted something else after it. They were chanting out rumors of Stephy and I hooking up. I had Angela singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song to the class. So I announced to the class that I work and stay alone, that's the way I operate. Well at least the kids respected that but man what gave them that idea, is what I keep wondering. Did I miss something this morning?

Then there's finally a new challenge in v-ball! It's time to finally defend our championship and claim the other one we missed out last summer. It's time for the Korean tournaments and this year it is back to back weekends. I look forward to pushing myself to gear up for this sucker as I felt like I have regressed the past couple of weeks. Any YCF teammates interested in to defend and win another championship? Oh and stuff ourselves silly with bulgogi!

I Stand Alone

No comments: