Thursday, February 26, 2004

Well that was fast, my Spring Break is for the most part officially over. A 3 day break, why because I have Friday classes at Mott. And Wednesday I did my student teaching for the whole day. I love my kids at Edmonson. However, today I had to write my first referral to one student as he was being disruptive in the class. Man I remember getting all these, so I know the feeling. I found out next week, they will be going to Lansing. So all my kids were asking if I was gonna go because they all wanted to be in my group if I went. I thought about it throughout the day, because that day they are going to Lansing, I have a huge art exam in Japan. So do I call in my prof. to tell her that I want to make up my exam on another day and go with my kids to Lansing or do I go to class and let the kids down because I can't be with them?

Well I talked to my teacher, and she will call me back tomorrow to let me know. I've obviously have made up my mind about I'd rather go to Lansing to be with my kids and risk the lower grade for one exam in Japan.

However, do I expect everyone to make the same sacrifice as I am willing to make? I guess the love I have for my kids, is far greater than my Japan exam grade. But my downfall has been of late that I expect everyone to make the same choice as I have made. I guess that's always been a struggle of mine, personally I like setting the bar/standard/expectations high upon myself. I also expect everyone to do the same, which is really bad on my part. If I do that then I become judgemental, and self-righteous the last things that I would ever want to become. It's just something that I will have to continue to work on for myself.

Naughty Boy

No comments: