Monday, February 23, 2004

What a weekend it was with it's ups and downs. I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll start with the good. So this past Saturday morning, there was the birth of a new fellowship/accountability at CBC. I'm really glad that I joined just so I can continue to learn the Word of God with other godly men. I like the fact that we have homework in this group. The challenge is trying to meet for the next 10 Thursday mornings at 6:00 a.m. at CBC! I ain't sweatin it because I know peeps would bicker and then you would hear those answers that we are trying to hunt down. I broke it down, and 10 Thursday mornings let's see out of 365 days. Is it that much? I look forward to the challenge and it's all about worship/fellowship where there are still people who don't seem to understand this concept.

Then this morning, I was honored to be serving God in another way. I am now a part of the 50th CBC Anniversary committee, and I am so pschyed about it. This is my 5th year at CBC, but 50 years wow, what a blessing. I hope everyone does come back to support this celebration. Despite my probs at CBC sometimes, I still bleed CBC if you wit me.

Now which leads me to today, where I spent a good amount of time in the library. Man I have never spent 4 straight hours in there doing nothing but work! Although I am proud of myself for being very disciplined with my time and finishing a good chunk of EED354. One of the articles that I had to read was about diseases, and that the no. 1 and 3 deal with the heart. Respectively, it is a heart attack and the stroke.

A close friend of the family I had learned last night, had a heart attack earlier this week. Their business has been closed down. My mommy was talking to me about it and how their family was coping with this. I guess my parents and I are gonna try to go down to the hospital to visit. My thoughts though, is that I gotta go back to one of the places I hate the most. I have too many bad memories there, but in respect to their family, I'll go once everything is straight.

My prayers go out to Coug's family too, I know what it's like to be in that position. Hmmm that right there brings back the summer of 94. Will you please pray for my bro's family too? It's been 2 weeks now and I've had Uncle Z, whom I was praying for pass away and 2 close friends struggling with similar scenarios.

It's been tough mentally and maybe that's why I like the drive home from MSU today. No cars out, only darkness, but that light coming from my car (at a new top speed of 120 mph, my personal best) piercing through the dark. I have faith in Him that I can overcome these the cards that I've been dealt. I just to need to be on my own still...........

One Call Away

No comments: