Friday, February 20, 2004

Wow, never have I been IMed by so many people at once about the Rasheed trade. Thank you to those who gave me the update as I searched frantically to read it for myself.

Analogy of how I've been feeling the past day or so:

A candle that is burning with some flicker, but it is surrounded by all this darkness. Sometimes the darkness gets the better of that candle, while sometimes the flame shines brighter than the darkness.

Along with the analogy, tonight I walked back into the Rec Center once again to rehab my knee. I noticed the weight room has been remodeled again. The room has added more bright lights to the facility. What I loved as I walked in there alone, was that everyone in the weight room had a common goal. That goal was that everyone wanted to get stronger, it didn't matter if you were a guy or a girl. Everyone was different, came from different areas, yet they all had a common goal, the same goal.

What I like about going to the Rec Center for the most part, is the comfort of being in my own castle. It's like I go in, do my thing, and get out. I don't have to worry about anyone, trust anyone (other than Him), and I just feel at peace. I went to the gym to shoot get my legs back and shoot around. I got a chance to run some games a little which was fun to see how well my knee would hold up. The best part about it was, for that 2 and half hours that I was there for, my head was clear. However, I gotta keep that candle burning.

Rollout

No comments: