Friday, February 27, 2004

So I wasn't gonna blog today but as I continue to have an interesting conversation with another "old" friend. God says love your enemies, easier said then done I say. We'll call him, T for now. We talked about the movie, Passion. Back in the day, he used to be a church goer granted I didn't know what he was back then because I did not care about church before I knew Christ. He was talking to me about the movie of how great it is for people to see how Christ died. I mean that's great and all but I was trying to convey do you know why He died. The movie does not show that, along with this movie has a more Catholic views about it. Which leads to a major misconception of this movie, that I can think of already.

T and I then got off to conversations about the Bible. He is talking about how he is taking one of those Bible as lit courses right now. He mentioned to me that he has not touched a Bible in 5 years or so. The number 5 of course, since our graduation day, that number plays a big part later in this entry. Personally, I do not like those Bible as lit courses because it is usually taught by a non-believing prof who treats Scripture as a regular book. Which of course, if you who the Bible as your authority in life, than it should be some where offensive. Plus, if the prof is a non-believer then he does not have the Holy Spirit within him/her to discern God's Word. Again this is my own personal conviction.

So at least my part I kept getting more fired up because I felt he was picking on my faith or what not. I was offended when he treated Christianity as just a regular religion just like the others. We moved on to talk about our SHS days. T wondered when did I accept so I told him after high school, 5 years ago. I told him that I left the sellouts to go and follow Jesus. It even got to the point where I pointed him as one of those sellouts. He kept wondering what made him a sellout, and I tell it how it is, you tried to be something you ain't towards the latter part of our years. He told me who he still talks to, of course more of my once closest friends who are sellouts in my eyes.

He wondered what my favorite wine/beer is? My answer, none because I have yet to touch that stuff as a beverage. It's a question like that, that made me leave him back then. Not that I have anything against drinking anymore. But for him to drink back then was to try and fit in with everyone else who gets drunk on those weekends. Of course, then he gives me his suggestion of what I should start trying. Hmmm let me think, um no.

Like I said, I still have a tough time forgiving those whom I once cared for. I mean I treated T, like a bro. I remember his mom would always drive us to AAU at Dumars. I loved his sister, Christine as my own little sister. In the summer time, we'd always go ball together at Stadler Park and run it up over there. He was there that night I got into the fight at Metro Hoops. We've had a lot of good times together such as going to our football banquet together. In the end, though it's come to those mere acquaintances if even that. I chose to leave him and the rest of the bunch to go where the light is. Sometimes I think I've actually buried parts of my past, but then something like this comes back up. It's a struggle for me to try to make a treaty and pretend everything is ok. More things to pray about alone on this matter, because sometimes you gotta face it on your own.

The Way You Move

No comments: