Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Applebaum - Wow, first time ever this morning I got to work so early. I got there at 7:45 a.m. and I could of arrived sooner. However, I chose to cruise around the Wayne State campus. Man, sleep for only a few hours does have it's moments of draining my energy. But it's the love of the kids that keep me going to continue to work every hour trying to plan for the next day, week, etc.

Anyways, a new week with new kids and a new challenge. Tracy does not like or think it is fair how I am the only counselor left at Camp D running things, while there are 10 counselors a day in Camp Canton. I love the challenge, and I dropped a reminder that they don't call me The Great One for nothing. If help comes in great, if not then I felt that I proved again that I got Camp D on lock down from 8 - 5:30 p.m.

The best part is moving on to 4-0 in Pokemon as I whacked Kenneth back to the Pokemon Center. I have come to learn now that one of the campers David is also undefeated at 3-0. I've known David through ACA since he was in 2nd grade. I called him Brainy Smurf because dude this kid is The Brain. I mean, back then 2nd graders were suppose to do their math fundamentals. David, well he was workin on pre-algebra in the 2nd grade! During reading time, all the kids usually bring some sort of Pokemon book. David, he brings in the Harry Potter series to read! My challenge, is always tryin to find something for him to be challenged.

On the flipside, I heard that Camp Canton is off to a rough start. I felt bad for my pad-wan, Cobain because of the things she shared with me. I predicted the boss would not come to Camp D because too much was going on for Camp Canton. So yeah, I was right and it'll be interesting when I come to Camp Canton on Thursday to run the show especially taking care of the munchkins.

I'm reminding myself that He is in full control of my theraphy times. Anyways, time for an early bed time I guess because I need to get back up in a few hours. Oh yeah, woohoo I know how to use Movie Maker now too!

Destiny

No comments: