Tuesday, July 12, 2005

LAX - So the CBC Retreat has came and went. I'm bummed because this was the first time since '99 that I did not stay for the entire weekend. I mean I guess my room was tight from what Chinchie told me. I'm glad to see everyone who was there really enjoy themselves and I wish I got a chance to hear more of Pastor Kurt's messages. I had a hard time trying to split my time with the Youth Ministry, and the Jr. Church group to kind of fellowship and help discuss the messages. I remember 2 years ago, I was upset that it seemed like everyone was acting twice their age from my age range. Last retreat, I stayed up with the Youth since everyone from 5:14 passed out early. However, I was disappointed even more this year I guess to see that no one from 5:14 was here outside of one person. Maybe's it's my fault, I was suppose to promote within fellowship, but there is currently no fellowship to promote in. I believe Pastor Kurt's workshop hit the target with a lot of us too, such a shame others weren't there to "hear" it.

Today, I kept thinkin bout the know God, love God, love others concept. Something happened at Camp D and it made me think well maybe I don't know Him. We had a joint assembly with another Detroit Day Camp. I'm usually chilling in the back scoping out the scene and I'm watchin one of the other counselors from Global Change come sit next to one of my kids. I thought it was a bit odd, but hey I encourage all my kids to make friends with everyone. However, I noticed that counselor trying to grab D.J.'s arm and so I'm lookin over there. This kid was tryin to grab D's watch off his wrist. I give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe they are just playing.

Things start to heat up as I'm watchin in the back. The counselor from Global Change started to get more physical with D. The counselor started to take his afro pick and kept trying to make D flinch by trying to stab him with the pick or atleast close to his body. I'm still watching because I wanna see what D is gonna do. Then the GC counselor started pulling D's ear as hard as he could. Again, I am waiting because I've known D for 4 years now through CBC and I want to see if he will make a move, but nothing. Then the GC counselor finally begins to start punching D in the face at the jaw. D still does nothing and I finally had it. Tracy sees everything too and stops me first because she knows what I am going to do. Tracy runs over and grabs D outside, while I am left pissed.

I wanted to tell the GC Counselor if he wants to hit someone in the face then try it on me. This punk thinks he's all tall, fro, wife-beater shirt, that he can bully my kids around. Tracy had to calm me down because I was seriously gonna throw down with him. I promised Tracy I would stay away from the GC Counselor, but next time all bets are off. It's one thing that this punk is bullying one of my ACA kids, but it's another thing when D is also my CBC kid. I may get my chance this Wednesday at Belle Isle to throwdown if he messes with any of my kids. I just cried inside to know that I didn't do something sooner and I just let a hard punch out at one of the I-Tute's doors. I can only ask Him, that justice will be served and I hope to see the GC Counselor this week because this punk thinks he can bully all my kids. I ain't scared that's for sure, and I'm game if the rest of their big, bad, and round counselors want to rumble just as long as they leave my kids, and the other Camp D counselors out of it.

Excuse

No comments: