Saturday, July 23, 2005

Matt. 19:26 - First off this morning, I had to of done the most retarded thing ever. Then again, it seems like there are plenty of retarded moments. This morning as I was preparing to dress for Camp D, I realized I had no more clean socks, and I forgot to dry them last night! So I improvised, I threw a pair of socks into my microwave to heat and dry faster. I'm thinkin, yeah I'm da man this will be so much faster, and I set the microwave to 5 minutes. As it is drying, I began packin things into my car, then I started hearing the microwave going off like I was makin popcorn. So I ran over to the microwave, and all you see is smoke and fire! I'm like frick, my socks are on fire, and smokin hot! So I put out my socks first, then threw them outside my garage to get the smoke smell out. However, the microwave was smoking too, so now I got this smokey smell in my house. So to everyone, never dry your socks in the microwave. However, I wonder if I should of used my oven instead?

Now to the passage, no doubt He is our Creator, Lord, King, Father, Friend, etc. I have always believed in my heart that, as long as I believe there is always hope for everything. It's because of my hope, some peeps say I'm naive, or unrealistic. He knows in my heart, that I always try to do anything and everything that I can for my kids. I believe for that reason why, all the ACA kids always believe that I can do anything. Even if I suck at something, they still believe that I can do it. It's because of their faith, that I'll keep practicing so I can succeed at it. We're doing Chinese writing/reading right now. They know I can't do either, so I am in the foxhole with them doing the same packet they are so I can be the best.

It's one thing if the kids have so much faith in me that I just don't want to let them down. It's another thing now, as The Boss has dubbed me as Superman because even she believes there is nothing I cannot do with the kids, both camps, field trips, etc. She kept describing me as bein so quick, that I can keep bouncin from both camps and not miss a beat or think on my feet what''s best on field trips. Talk is cheap, but He knows my heart and passion for my kids. It's because of that verse that I continue to always have hope in everything because I leave it into His Hands and I feel He blesses me with Wisdom and Strength to continue to do what I do.

Sidenote of the field trip to Lansing, I do feel kinda bad for havin the kids the past 2 days from both camps harassin Lulu. She's a good counselor, and I hope she does well as lead counselor this week with the munchkins of Camp Canton.

3 Strikes

No comments: