Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ping-Pong Piss Off - It's a done deal, Camp D will be going to Camp Canton on Friday to join them for their closing ceremony. Camp D will be leaving the ceremony early because of parents waitin back for them in the D. Camp D will only be performin 2 things as well, readin Chinese poetry, and dancing. I was cool with it until.........now.

I could sense something was up today even as The Boss was telling me the schedule. Gut feelin in my heart and the ability to read people's eyes. I spent most of the evening with Julie working on Camp Canton's cd. I was lookin at all the pics we added into this slideshow, and as each pic went by I only got more mad. I realized that Camp D got screwed and shafted in all these programs that Camp Canton has been doing for 2 weeks. While Camp D keeps doing the same old thing, the same projects, etc. I am thankful for the teachers we have that come to teach Camp D kids, bless their heart. I keep hearin how ACA only has so much budget to spend on, but where is the balance then in these programs?

Some have said, the main reason is because Camp D is in the D. Which I find it stupid, because the D is dangerous, it's ghetto, etc. I find it funny how, we hate it when the Caucasion peeps look down on us, while we do it to A-A's. Let's see the budget here, I see that Camp Canton seems to be using a heck of a whole lot of new material, while Camp D is still using dried up glue sticks, old markers, etc. Today, I even brought in my own material from home, my craft box, poster boards, etc. just so I can give the best opportunities for Camp D. The Dance Teacher charges Camp Canton $2 for a pair of dancin shoes, Camp D $5 for the same pair!

I even thought today, we finally had an advantage type of thing at Camp D by having pizza day. Julie told me that Camp Canton had McDonald's for lunch! What the flying frick is up with that? Some counselors ate 5 plus sandwiches for lunch while I was eating the cheese off the boxes just so Camp D kids can have an extra slice.

So I realized, that is why Camp D is leavin early from Camp Canton. They do not want Camp D to see the last portion of the ceremony, the slideshow that Julie and I worked on. It seems to me, like a let's spare their feelings by having them go back where we crawled from. Plus, Camp D is only doing 2 programs because I am to be kept away from any sort of antics to fire up Camp D. I was told not to give any shout out to T-onda because they don't feel she should get special recognition. Well, she is still by far the best counselor at ACA and I may not be able to give it out verbally, there are other ways. She is the key to helpin keep Camp Canton where it is at now.

I spoke with T-onda on my way home, and she reminded me what ACA is suppose to be about. She also gave props for Camp D's performance that I worked on last summer, how that is what ACA is about and not what Camp Canton has turned it into this year. Even MeiMei asked me last night, where does doing the dance moves to Usher's Yeah fit into Chinese culture? T-onda also reminded me, just because The Boss likes it does not mean it stands for ACA. I keep asking Him for advice and wisdom on this matter. I know one thing for sure is though, they say "don't cross The Boss." It's a shame, I'm not one of them because Friday Camp D will be off the hook, and know that we work hard to get there. They can question my heart for attention, motives, etc. but He knows, I do it for the love of Camp D and what is right.

No comments: