Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Another thing I learned today is that I need to stretch and warm-up before playing. Now I have to go spend some time in my isolation chamber to heal up. One thing that irritates me is sitting out during a game. Like today, I might of not played hard but their were games where I put in a little more effort, and bam the game is close, but what do ya know, I need to rotate out because we have 7 players, and then we lose. That fricking pisses me off when that happens because I want to be in there everytime the game is close. It also bugs me when I watch the A b-ball team practice and they are struggling. It was only a couple years ago, when us A team players would scrimmage all the other teams. Then guys like Stan and I would be yelled at for full court pressing so much and just blowing out all the teams. Now we go to today's team, and it's like they are having enough probs just beating the C team. It's just so irritating and I know at Chicago I'll be frustrated if the A b-ball team is struggling.

I'm glad that we got our v-ball t-shirts today, however I still hate the colors. It's funny how even Angie hates the color now too. Dang it should of went with purple and yellow or black and gold. Oh well now I get to go shopping for some new shorts, and socks. I was gonna get shoes but I don't think I'll be able to find a pair of shoes with this color that I would want to wear on a regular basis. However maybe I'll get a cool hat to go with this shirt.

One last thing is that I'm glad that I was able to reach out and talk to someone new today at Tuesday night v-ball. It's too bad that she is leaving to go back to NYC tomorrow, and I keep thinking about Randy's sharing about missed opportunities, because she's been coming to Tuesday night v-ball every week. And I feel bad that it only took me now to really get to know her. Alright 4:30 a.m. now and time to hit the sack cause I got lots to do before Chi-Town.

3 days till Y2K
South Side

No comments: