Monday, August 19, 2002

So I guess the message that God was sending me to, was God provides and He does. I was listening to everyone's sharing today and I think I would of cried if I didn't see Viv's pictures the day she came back. I remember that weekend, I was chilling at her place and looking at all the photos and I kept asking myself, "Man do I have enough patience to deal with these babies who were born with physical probs". I feel like I mentioned it before but I guess a little reminder is always nice. The next day we started a new camp with a couple of new kids. One of them is named Jerry and how he acted caught my eye. Like he would always ask me for help to do like the simplest things. Normally that would of bugged the heck out of me because this kid is in like 4th grade now and he is asking me to cut simple shapes for him. However, I looked at his record and I was told that he had surgery in his brain when he was first born. I could notice that his usage of the right side of the body was not as good. I think if I never saw those pictures from Viv, I would of probably not of given him the care that he needed. I believe when looking at Viv's pictures, God helped me appreciate every child more no matter what the probs.

Another way of God providing, is that I was thinking of Larry's testimony about an onion. So I'm sitting in yet another CBC meeting and we were discussing about coolers, and drinks and how to keep them cold. What do ya know, the room we use to discuss, the handiman at CBC is eating lunch with us. So that was a nice little blessing as well.

Going back to my entry before, about changes, it's amazing how some people have changed as well. And again, the next day, I go to the bank and go to my usual teller who's been helping since I was a little punk like 13. Christina has always been there to help me get money or deposit without too much hassle, so pretty much yeah I got the hook ups at Comerica. And now I find out she is moving to Florida next weekend. I mean yeah I might be taking it a little too serious because she is just my banker, but she's known me for quite sometime now. So of course I am bummed with her moving to Florida. She told me that she needed a change in her life before she gets too old and never be able to enjoy other things. And yeah for 33 she still looks like she is like 23, but I understand about age since it seems like everyone is reminding me that they are getting old. So yet another change, I mean what's with all these changes that has been going on in my life? It's all happenning so fast that I feel I can't absorb it all in yet. And some of them, kind of makes me feel alone, but like today's message, God provides, I just wish I could understand all these changes and how the G it is providing to me.

Well I guess I got like only a half hour left before I leave to Toronto and then come straight back to Kim's Party thingy. I got a lot of critics about leaving for Toronto at 4:00 a.m. but dude for $1 dim sum, I'll sacrifice my sleep time for that. What a drive that will be, from Toronto all the way to DearbornI guess this leaves me with a lot of downtime for myself to reflect on what God is doing my life currently. See y'all on the flipside.

Live For The Moment

No comments: