Thursday, August 29, 2002

What an emotional night it was for me and I felt like God was speaking to me. I remember my friend, Joey said that sometimes we pray soooo much that we forget to try to listen to what God is teaching us. So what did I learn today?

Well my first emotion tonight was that I was kind of down as a lot of my friends who've been going to CCUC since I've been going aren't this year. I'm gonna miss those of you who are staying here and those who are in China. Last night, it felt pretty cool that Howard came up to me, to just wish me luck this weekend. It feels wierd that he isn't going this year because he's the one who taught me the game of v-ball. Just up and till now I realized what he's been trying to teach me about playing on emotion and how it would help me raise my level higher. I'm gonna miss his words of wisdom this weekend during the games.

Ok, another reason why I'm a little emotional is because I just finished watching A Walk To Remember. Dang it, I can't believe my eyes got so watery, even now I can't tell if my eyes are dry because of some of those tears I wiped up. Watching this movie though, it made me reflect on my life, such as when I first accepted Christ, and what JW and I were talking about the other night. I remember at school I was the Landon type guy, who just cared about being popular, being on top, and mocked those who were all religious or in the band. Then one day I went to CBC, got to know some people, and one person stuck out especially to me about knowing somethings that are different that I don't understand. At the time I had my high school friends, who were just like Landon's friends, we parted ways because of differences. Now this person, is not no Mandy Moore (a guy can wish though right?) but I'm really thankful God put this person in my life. I mean look at me now, I'm a believer still trying to feed on what God is trying to teach me, plus I'm still trying to learn how to play the guitar. However, I stil have a lot of changes I need to make in my life, if just like the Rev. said in the movie, I want my life to be on the path of righteousness. I believe it starts this weekend, because I know I'm gonna have to swallow my pride for many reasons. I'm gonna pray that I can get through this weekend that I can and hopefully it will be the start of many new things for me. I think I'm gonna buy this soundtrack for some listening tunes for the ride out to Chi-Town. Oh and don't laugh at me because my eyes watered, thank goodness I was able to watch this movie alone.

2 days left till Y2K
Party Your Body

No comments: