Friday, August 09, 2002

Ok so it seems like it has been a while since I've last blogged. I gotta say playing/practicing every night is really taking it's toll on my body. Coming home from soccer practice today, I couldn't even walk into the house right. And the past couple of nights, it's like I fall into a coma as soon as I get home and then all of a sudden wake up in time to get ready for work.

So with the past couple of nights going by without anything to say, I've been having a couple of revelations and I'll start off with the bad to the good, so I can make it a good night for me. So going back about who your friends really are, ya know I don't know if it's gossip or it is true that someone put words into my mouth. Either way I just can't believe that this person that I've trusted as one of my closest spiritual friends could say such a thing. It goes to show you how I work, DTA.

And last night we actually had 5 out of 6 players from Team Bring It. But the way we played last night, we couldn't bring a sideout for our team. Ya know last year, our team ran into beleiving all the hype everyone was saying about us, and I think we played the game way too seriously. Praise God that everything worked out ok. However this year, we're playing on the other extreme. It just seems like we are playing too relaxed as if we have the thing won already. I always knew that my role on this team was gonna be expanded such as improving on my passing and setting since Joyce is not here. However after last night, I never knew my role was gonna be expanded in another way. And I think JW is right, that Joyce is the glue that holds this team together. I'm not the rah rah cheerleader type of player, I'm more of a just go out there and get the job done. She is the one who always keeps the team together and gets everyone focused. And I guess that is what I want to learn in order for this team to be successful. Her absence has really made me appreciate what she means to this team. All in all though, with this new revelation, I'm gonna have to kick myself to another level and to be that leader to keep this team together.

And today was the last day of Art Camp, and yeah I was sad again. This time I was more sad when this little girl named Shuang left. She just came to the U.S. about 6 months ago, and during the first week of camp I always thought she was very annoying to me. She would always come up and hold my hand, hug me, follow me, and if I didn't give her any attention then she would give me that puppy dog look with the sad face. But after this week in Art Camp, I really love this little girl. I remember just a couple weeks ago, Tonda wanted Shuang to go with her on a field trip. And let me tell you, Tonda loved this girl more than I did at the time. However Shuang kept holding my hand and wanting to go with me, and all I kept asking was why me? And I'm glad that God answered my prayer this week because my little Pikachu, Sophia signed up. So today was her last day, and she told me to come visit her in Windsor. Her dad told me where they lived and what a coincidence that I have a pretty good idea where they live. So I'm excited about that, and I was happy that a lot of parents and my supervisors thought I did a great job on managing the camp as the lone counselor. My supervisors were amazed at how I spreaded the tables out, and named my own counselors to help me out. Again Praise The Lord for such wonderful girls in Wei and Crystal to help me and to sacrifice their art time to doing what I ask of them to do which was help the their classmates out. I'm glad that I was able to teach Crystal a couple of Biblical knowledge for her own growth. Wei on the other hand loves to pray but her family does not believe in God. And I hope one day that they will come to know the Lord.

Also today, parents kept asking me why do the kids love me so much? My supervisor kept telling them that "Yeah he is our best counselor". I appreciate all the kids thinking that about me because this year I had to lay the smackdown a lot more and yet they still love me despite my punishments on them. It was funny how one of my supervisors Tracy told Crystal next year to come and act as a volunteer since she will be to old to participate in the camp. At first she was all excited because she wanted to act as my jr. counselor. However Tracy said that if she volunteers then she can fire me. And I was so surprised with Crystal's answer, which was, she said she would not come to the camp then if I was not there again next year. So hahah Tracy, we're a team and you can't get rid of us :)

And speaking of Tracy, I'm glad that she is planning on coming to Tuesday night v-ball 2 weeks from now. She said she sucks and I said I believed her, but pretty much I was happy to hear that from her. I hope that she can stay long enough to listen to the sharing time. Actually am I suppose to share in 2 weeks from now? Also I just got my pictures developed over the past 7 weeks, and I still got another roll to go in the dark room. I look forward to bringing this pics with me to Chicago because all these kids really feels like God has given me a purpose and a path for my life. Hopefully some people would be interested in seeing all the kids that I worked and shared my life with. And my revelation for this, is that there will be camp starting Sept. 15 and it will go till the end of the year on Saturdays. This past week, I've worked for free, like I said, I don't care about the money just as long as I am with these kids. And if I help out for this camp, then I will be missin b-ball for a while. Crystal, Henry, and Wei have all signed up for the camp and all 3 of them have asked me to come back for this camp. So what do I do Lord? Do I continue to go to Saturday morning b-ball or do I give up Saturday morning b-ball for the remainder of the year to help out? I do love these kids though, and it is a tough decision that I will have to make in a couple of weeks.

Pain is temporary
The Game is forever

No comments: