Tuesday, August 27, 2002

I finally figured how come I couldn't connect to the internet with my good ol' crap computer. Dang it, I didn't hook the phone line into it. Anyways so yeah, a lot has happened this past few days, with God revealing to me some of His plans.

Saturday, was just a hectic day of b-ball and driving from place to place to go and play with the boyz. After that, I had to help my sis move back to MSU. Now that I met all her roommates and checked out the place that they live at, I must say that this is The House of Hoes. It's a long story but the only thing I see all of them having in common are 2 things, boys and drinking. So I overnapped and chose not to make it back down in time for OCC. So instead I helped out at Party At The Aud with CCF. I'm glad that God gave me a chance to reach out and try to bring people into CCF. I'm glad that JC and I could hit up as many people as possible even though I felt nervous talking to the girls because I don't want to them to think of some other intentions. I kept debating about talking to the girls or not because of the guy/girl thingy. But I remembered Randy's sharing today at b-ball about lost opportunities to share Christ to those who have not been saved yet. So I after thinking about that, I carefully approached all the girls at MSU about CCF. Dang it though I got rejected by a Japanese guys about CCF! I even spoke Japanese to him, what a bummer :(

So by the time I got home from MSU it was 5:00 a.m. and that meant a good couple of hours of sleep before going to worship. I got to CBC a half hour late and I wished I came on time because the time I walked in, it just seemed like an incredible message I was hearing from Bruce Fong. I walked in as he was talking about controlling our pride, which I could use of late. Then going to Sunday School was just another hour of revelation to me. GP B kept talking about God's Will and what He commands us to do but it's our choice to obey or not. Bruce kept talking about how we plan things to go our way, but God has another way for us and of course His way is always the best way. I think it helped me understand about some of the changes in my life. I'm usually a flexible guy who can go with the flow, but I think I got caught up with somethings that I planned out and it kind of blew up right back at me as none of it went or is going the way I thought it would be. After all that, it was the usual b-ball then v-ball practice so a good couple hours of sleep then stay at CBC from 10 till 10.

One thing I also learned on Sunday was how to test if the slurpee is good or not. How I did it was usually turn the lever and let the thing come out to see if it was running or if it was smooth and thick. I guess there is this little ring connected to the lever that you can pull on to test out the slurpee. The whole time I thought that little ring was used for pulling the door open. Now isn't that amazing, I think they should post a sign up for that though.

And after all that amazement, again I went back up to MSU. Yeah what a day so far right? Sleep a couple of hours and spend 10 plus hours at CBC, then go back to MSU. However this time I went back with JW to help him move some stuff up. The time we've spent up there, the car trip, and spending the night at my place revealed more about some changes that I feel God has been wanted me to make. It's amazing how what JW said ties in with what Viv has been talking to me about a couple days ago.

And last night was just an amazing dinner I had, prepared by JW and Phil. Lobster, steak, homemade clam chowder soup, corn, garlic bread, Phil's famous jellocake, and ice cream. This dinner was prepared by them, for Chrissy, Connie, and Leslie's enjoyment after their lost in bowling a few weeks ago. Boy did they go all out on this dinner and believe me I went shopping with these guys and it cost a lot of $$$. I'm thankful to have friends like these guys to have me over along with Jason and Jimmy. I don't know what it is, but everytime I'm with Jason and Jimmy they always get ripped on. But I'm glad they're good sports and can take it. All in all it was a great night of food, fun and fellowship. However, the challenge is still there, Big Nasty and The Great One vs. any 2 of those ladies, and they can call the stipulations.

Ok, so some have wondered what's with this counter that I got going on, like hasn't Y2K past already? Well Y2K is me, and that's when it will be time to explode at CCUC. Tick, tock the clock is counting down:

4 days left till Y2K

No comments: